navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Unprepared for Love
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unprepared for Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
baby0508
since 2001-05-16
Posts 58
Moodus, Connecticut

0 posted 2002-04-10 11:33 AM

I'm sorry that I haven't written in sooo-o long. i guess things have been going so well that i had no reason to write poems, but then again, now things are back to as terrible as they once were.so here it goes....

Unprepared for Love

Love conquers without asking,
And it rips your soul apart.
It appears so nice and peaceful,
Then it breaks your fragile heart.

You won’t know how to escape the pain,
That you’ll feel within.
They say, “Move on and let him go”
But you won’t be sure where to begin.

You’ll lose yourself in memories,
And reminisce in the past.
You’ll cry for days at a time,
Because love, it will not last.

You’ll never overcome the hurt
That comes when love goes wrong.
You’ll feel so lost and so confused,
You won’t know how you should act strong.

If you approach love with caution,
And don’t give in so easily,
Love won’t destroy your life,
As it has done to me.

So my advice to everyone:
Love comes without a sign,
Just don’t let love conquer your heart,
As it has done to mine.

If you let love into your life,
Be sure that it is right,
If love goes wrong and you feel lost,
Never give up the fight.

I have lost all faith in perfect love,
Because my love was based on lies.
I was not prepared for the pain ahead,
Because love took me by surprise.

this is still about the same guy that is has been since i first posted last year, for those of you that have never read my work.

© Copyright 2002 Heather - All Rights Reserved
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
1 posted 2002-04-10 11:42 AM

Its nice to see your poems again Even though i missed ur presence im glad that life was on the brighter side for a while I liked this poem a lot

You won’t know how to escape the pain,
That you’ll feel within.
They say, “Move on and let him go”
But you won’t be sure where to begin.

Thats my favorite stanza because thats the point im with in my relationship right now. Hope all goes well and i hope to be reading more from you!! Welcome back

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
2 posted 2002-04-11 02:22 AM

"If you let love into your life,
Be sure that it is right,"

Nicely done.

I enjoyed the write. It was quite sad... but honest, and emotional.

The form, meter and such was good. I especially like the stanzas and length of the piece.

Love is a risk... there can be rewards and there can be pain. If you take no risks, you feel no joy. Please, don't give up on love.

~
Titus

"Tesous Christos, Theou Uios, Soter"

See me?
since 2002-02-13
Posts 93
UK
3 posted 2002-04-11 01:04 PM

Baby0508, this is really good writing and I know where your comming from but it troubles me to think that your not going to open your heart to anyone. I have been hurt like you seem to have been. I am still hurting even after so long and it has changed my perspective on love but it has only made me more determined to find the perfect love. Please don't close your heart forever because that way he will have won.
God Bless you
I know you'll get through it
Clare  

Life is about change,sometimes its painful,sometimes its beautiful,sometimes its both.

baby0508
since 2001-05-16
Posts 58
Moodus, Connecticut
4 posted 2002-04-12 11:41 AM

thanks for the notes. i haven't completly given up on love,its just that it doesn't seem to stay with me. you think you find the right guy, then he just turns out to be someone you don't really know anymore. i just hate being treated like a piece of crap by the one person i love more than anything, he doesn't care anymore,and it will take me a long time to not feel hurt anymore.

~*brittt*~
since 2001-05-09
Posts 76
East Haddam, CT
5 posted 2002-04-12 05:16 PM

Heath:
i totally agree with Clare. Dont let him ruin it for you. you deserve so much better and i know u love him, but u really could do better ok? don't be sad. i love you!!!
Love:
britt
i miss you!!!!!!!!

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
6 posted 2002-04-13 04:07 PM

great poem tks for sharing!
robin

i am me don't tell me different!!
JEFF IS ONE HOT STUD *RAWR*
i want him *DROOLZ*
dam hes hott!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Unprepared for Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary