navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Isle of Solitude
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Isle of Solitude Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...

0 posted 2002-04-06 01:55 AM

Dry, parched ground,
all around.
No green, no color,
no sign of any life.
Lack of water evidenced,
as with an overdose of heat.
Rolling plains of hard, ungiving ground,
blinding light uncaring.
I look around, up and down,
naked, unclothed.
I am close to dust,
which flows throughout.
Close to my Maker I am,
on this dry, parched ground.
Calling out, my voice cracking.
The sound quickly fades,
and I realize desolation.
Desertion, depravity.
Myself my only physical companion,
my deepest darkest depths
clear as day in this...
this Isle of Solitude.

4/5/02

© Copyright 2002 Daniel Redding - All Rights Reserved
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
1 posted 2002-04-06 02:18 AM

I think this is my favorite poem by you. Wow. From the first line to the last it was it was interesting and meaningful. I could see much in this. Thanks.

Cela passera.

turningthepage.blogspot.com

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2002-04-06 06:47 AM

Wonderful, Ti. You've written this piece with amazingly vivid imagery and wonderful word usage. I love the pictures I'm getting in my mind. It's in the library for sure.
There are too many favourite parts to pick out so you have my praises. Thank you for writing this and sharing it in Teen. Be proud.

~AF~

"Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy." - Susanna Kaysen

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2002-04-06 09:46 AM

this felt so (I know I know) alone (well, it did) it's gripping and holds the reader....nice job!!
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2002-04-07 03:09 PM

Wow, this is so very powerful, sweet friend, I can feel your yearning in this poem and I know with all my heart our Maker will give you all your heart desires and never again will you feel solitude in loneliness but rather feel solitude in the heart of joy! (big hugggsssss) This is wonderful, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Daniel, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Demonic Illusion
since 2002-02-07
Posts 50

5 posted 2002-04-07 05:14 PM

that was awesome

Demonic Illusions, Frostic Dragons, Bloody Tears From Me To You....all surround by a force of Untouchable Darkness

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
6 posted 2002-04-08 12:52 PM

Thank you everyone!

Jaime:
Thank you, dear.

AF:
"You've written this piece with amazingly vivid imagery and wonderful word usage."
Damn! I mean, thank you! This is by far the most vivid and imangentive one I've done. It's what I've longed to do but was unable. It took time is all. Thank you very much.

SEA:
Thanks! Gripping and holds the reader... good. *nods*

Noah:
*grins* Thank you Noah, you're always good for encouragement. Feel free to email any time if you need some. This poem was more or less a yearning to continue to find myself, and always be improving and changing. *nods*

Illusion:
Thanks man! *shoulder hugs*

*waves*

~ Titus

"Tesous Christos, Theou Uios, Soter"

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
7 posted 2002-04-08 01:37 PM

Awesome imagery!!! You really described it all very nicely ti Hehe great job AS USUAL!!! U never fail to impress

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

8 posted 2002-04-08 05:13 PM

Hello. *bows* May I kiss your feet? ... or maybe not... Very well-written poem. For some reason I wanted to post a one-word reply. I wanted to say "Deep." and then leave. I decided that was pointless. Anyway, very cool.

Kielo

P.S. I've decided I want to redeem my raincheck now. Should I go there, or will you come here?

I LOVE YOU! *kisses you* hehehe...

HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
9 posted 2002-04-08 08:59 PM

Hey.  I was wondering, do you offer lessons, cuz you seem to have the poetic spark I seem to have lost... I love this poem, it's probably among the best I've Ever read.  Seriously.  It's EXTREMELY well written.  I'm  gonna save this one, cuz it's how I feel as well.

After Love comes Pain, then Love, Then Pain, then Love, then Pain..... does anyone else see a pattern here?  Oh well, can't say it's not worth it.

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
10 posted 2002-04-09 01:51 AM

Shugah, thanks.

Kielo, buenos dias! "Deep" Hahaha. That woulda been funny. But, you come here. No, I don't mean i'm choosing the "you come here' option, I meant, you come here. Yes, you! Because I don't know where there is! Is my there, your here? Or what?

HRG, dude.... wow. Me? Lessons? I have so far to go as a poet..... so very far. I'm always looking to learn and improve upon my skills. There are so many poets here better then I: take Leah, Marie, Zu... I could go on. But, dude, email if you want. I'm always there to talk.

~ Titus

"Tesous Christos, Theou Uios, Soter"

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

11 posted 2002-04-09 06:14 PM

I changed my mind. Its not a question anymore. I am NOT going there. You can come here. "In my boxers" ??? How about you come here... ok?

Kielo

I LOVE YOU! *kisses you* hehehe...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Isle of Solitude

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary