navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Flush Fitting
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Flush Fitting Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Missthang
since 2001-07-03
Posts 103

0 posted 2002-03-18 10:41 PM

Her eyes locked on that perfect toy.
Very excited and overfilled with joy.
Then she got home and opened it up,
made lots of room, it was going to be tuff.
First found the corners and then the sides,
filled in the middle, eyes opened wide.
Slowly the picture came into view.
Better than expected and all brand new.
Her smile got bigger with one piece left.
Placed in her hand, this was the test.
She laid it down, where it was to sit.
Just one problem, the piece didn't fit.

*I'm a sophomore in college and this is my second year at this school. I watch others around me seem to find their place and just mesh so naturally. Then I look at myself and can only wonder why, everytime I get excited about the people I hang out with, I just never seem to "fit in".*

"Whatever you are doing, love yourslef for doing it.
Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it."
       -Thaddeus Golas

© Copyright 2002 Adamma Bankhead - All Rights Reserved
ShortSexyAngelOnEarth
since 2001-12-24
Posts 36
im a louisiana cajun princess! lol
1 posted 2002-03-19 01:39 AM

i love it...... i relate to it really well..... i say this bout a lot of poems, but its true, it says the unspoken..... good job!
quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
2 posted 2002-03-19 08:23 PM

i especially loved the last line.

one question though, did you deliberately misspell tough?

just curious.

if so, what kind of effect were you going for?  you don't need to explain if you don't feel necessary.

/gwen/

so foul and fair a day i have not seen.  - macbeth act 1, scene 3

LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
3 posted 2002-03-19 08:28 PM

I loved the metaphor...sometimes we jsut dont fit in where we want to.  We try so hard to hang with the "right crowd," and in the end, we knew where we belonged all along.  You will find that group, and you will finally feel complete.  The peice will fit, you just have to find that right puzzle.

~Lisa

Missthang
since 2001-07-03
Posts 103

4 posted 2002-03-19 10:37 PM

to answer your question quietlydying....i did spell tough incorrectly on puropse. it had no hidden meaning or anything it just looked better. i wrote it as "tough" the first time and then rewrote it as "tuff" and for some reason i like the spelling "tuff" better. who knows, i'm just random like that :-)

"Whatever you are doing, love yourslef for doing it.
Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it."
       -Thaddeus Golas

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
5 posted 2002-03-20 03:22 AM

The meaning behind this and the splendid way in which you show us the story, show us the prblem, the desire. It can easily be adapted into our lives.... into us. We clear space away, we're all excited, and in the end, it just doesnt' work. COuldn't this be a poem of a large percentage of relationships? Anyhoo... poetically wonderful, read well... perfection.

~ Titus

My motto... always changing, always improving, living life in veiw of eternity.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2002-03-21 10:32 PM

I really really really loved this..i cant even tell you enough. It flowed great, had so much meaning to it as well!! Into the library it goes!!!

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Flush Fitting

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary