navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Dark As Hell
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dark As Hell Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...

0 posted 2002-03-15 11:02 PM

Longing for a glimps
of days gone by.
Desiring the past,
yet here in the now.
So much pain,
so much torment.
All sorrow,
all lies.
Happiness is in the days,
the days gone by.
Nevermore,
and too hard to repeat.
My future may be bright,
but our past
is dark as hell.

[This message has been edited by PoetryIsLife (03-17-2002 09:10 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Daniel Redding - All Rights Reserved
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
1 posted 2002-03-15 11:28 PM

Wow Titus...

I really can relate to this poem, its lie you are not only reading my thoughts, but you are reading my heart and soul as well....And what my heart, soul, and mind say somehow landed on this website....

Great Write

Lisa

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
2 posted 2002-03-16 12:46 PM

"My future may be bright,
but our past
is dark as hell."

The story of my life.. *hugs* I love it. It's meaningful, but it's got some attitude about it. Or something like that... I'm delirious... lack of sleep can do that to you. Or perhaps it was the 5 cherry icees I drank tonight at work.

Love,
Me

-- the calm before the storm --

La vie est plus belle quand on l'ecrit soi-meme.

turningthepage.blogspot.com

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
3 posted 2002-03-16 01:23 AM

Aww sweety...why are you writing dark?? OooOOoOO i jus wanna make all your pain go away!! ::HUGS::

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
4 posted 2002-03-16 03:31 AM

*hugs*....the future is not always bright, and neither is the past always so dark...i really do hope that you find the balance needed to sustain life danniti...nice write deary

Zombie

Torn are her limbs
By quiet hands that
Tug life(color) out of her.
Gnawing edges round
Into a broken(satisfying)
Shadow

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
5 posted 2002-03-16 03:47 AM

I should go to bed now..but I read this after you left...*purrs like a wounded kitten* sad..what brought this poem on? as the others have said it's like u've read my journals and read my soul...
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
6 posted 2002-03-16 05:35 AM

The past is dark because everything we've ever done follows with a shadow - good or bad. Don't look at is as a bad thing. Sometimes the darkness needs to be there in order to remind us that we *are* human.

Short but sweet so that's all good, Ti. I enjoyed the read and I sincerely hope things look up for you soon. Stay strong you.

~AF~

"Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy." - Susanna Kaysen

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

7 posted 2002-03-16 01:33 PM

"Happiness is in the days,
the days gone by.
Nevermore,
and too hard to repeat."

That reminds me and affected me the "most" throughtout the poem;

Simply written with a lot of thought, I liked it. Hope all is well, Ti.

"Dont piss me off, Im runing out of places to hide the bodies..."

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
8 posted 2002-03-16 01:35 PM

wow, very emotional! I've been to hell and back before, it's a terrible feeling but the light at the end of the tunnel is always bright.
love ya

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
9 posted 2002-03-16 03:20 PM

hun it's really good and i understand why all it's such a dark poemremeber what i said i am always here for you! you have many ways to get in touch with me if you need someone to yell at or talk to. love ya bunches!
robin

i am me don't tell me different!!
JEFF IS ONE HOT STUD *RAWR*
i want him *DROOLZ*
dam hes hott!!!

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
10 posted 2002-03-16 05:30 PM

but our past
is dark as hell."

First off.... thank you, to everyone, for your splendid replys. They mean a lot to me. Right now, dealing with a lot... I have mood swings.... and at times... they get dark. Undetstandably, but... that's where the dark poetry comes from....

This is by far one of my darkest... one I'm coming to love. What's interesting.... is... my favorite lines I might at... often get interpeted differently then I the poet originally planned. Let me show 'em again...

My future may be bright,
but our past
is dark as hell.

By dark as hell.... I'm reffering to the past being unseeing, unclear, unattainable. The past with all it's ups and downs, at times seems brighter then the present, yet it cannot be grasped... it's dark as hell, and no hand can reach it. Yet, the line was interpeted as saying the past was dark as hell.... which I easily and might have meant. Who knows? Just thought it was itneresting.

~ Titus

My motto... always changing, always improving, veiwing life in veiw of eternity.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
11 posted 2002-03-17 05:14 PM

but our past
is dark as hell."

Wow, this part really got to me. I love the way you did that. A definatly agreeable outlook on life, my friend. Well done.

I am a rabid horse.

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
12 posted 2002-03-17 09:11 PM

Thank you Sky.

~ Titus

My motto... always changing, always improving, living life in veiw of eternity.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Dark As Hell

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary