navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Why...
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Android 18
since 2002-02-20
Posts 61
Austrailia (My DreamLand)

0 posted 2002-02-24 10:44 PM

Why...

Why...
do we comprimise,
pain for pleasure?
Why...
Do we hurt the ones we love the most,
if we love them the most?
Why...
Do they hurt us,
if they love us so much?
Why...
Do we chase the pleasure of love,
for the pain we recieve in return.

...Is love really worth that pain, when in the end...
                                         ...that's all you're going to have...?

"I'm not afraid of anything in this world, There's nothing you can throw at me, that I haven't already heard"

© Copyright 2002 Serena E. Bauer - All Rights Reserved
gracianna
since 2002-02-17
Posts 165
A 14 year hell
1 posted 2002-02-24 11:27 PM

Boy, wouldn't we all like to know the answers...

I give a whole new meaning to the word 'sad.'

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2002-02-25 10:08 AM

Ditto on what gracianna said...i'd love to know the answers too..very good questions hun..hope you find your answers one day

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
3 posted 2002-02-25 03:08 PM

Although I do not always take my own advice, I believe that some questions cannot be answered.  Maybe this is to torture youngs adults, maybe it is to help us keep faith in certain things, or maybe its because the answers are too painful to be said....

~LCBS

Exeryone makes mistake, learn from them and move on, because tomorrow we'll make more...

Android 18
since 2002-02-20
Posts 61
4 posted 2002-02-25 10:52 PM

Very true, all of you. I'd like to know the answer to these questions myself, but I guess one day we might know.

Though here's a bit of insight... We chase the feelings that love brings us at the very moment, how our hearts beat a little faster, or how our stomaches do flip-flops when that special someone walks in the room, it's that feeling of closeness and affection that makes us chase the emotion known as love.

Anyways, thanx for the replies!

"I'm not afraid of anything in this world,
there's nothing you can throw at me,
that I haven't already heard"

Android 17
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
5 posted 2002-02-26 03:48 PM

Serena, this is wonderful. But, you and I both know that we have yet to find the answer. Beautifully written---I enjoyed this...although, it was kinda on the short side; Even the good things in life must draw to a close I guess...

Others are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth...

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
6 posted 2002-02-26 05:02 PM

Serena

Questions and answers we'll have throughout all our lives.... poetry is one way of calming the chaos. Wonderfully done! A different style, but you handle it well. I agree with alex, it could've been longer. But I enjoyed it as is. Looking forward to more.

Sincerely,
Titus

The One, The Only... The Titus.

Android 18
since 2002-02-20
Posts 61
7 posted 2002-02-26 09:20 PM

Well, I wrote this poem a fe months back, oh wait... It's almost been a year. I guess I'll go over it and revise it. Thanx for the pointers!! I really appreciate it.

"I'm not afraid of anything in this world,
there's nothing you can throw at me,
that I haven't already heard"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Why...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary