navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » whats there to say
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic whats there to say Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
trapped in my mind
since 2002-02-14
Posts 8

0 posted 2002-02-15 08:45 PM

whats there to say when you dont feel like talking
do you just blow someone off
or do you kindly to ask them to mind my privacy
you dont want to hurt them
but everyone has there days
when you just dont know how you feel
or quite how to express it
they try to pry in and see if they can help
and you just cant blame them
because you know that you would do the same thing
its comforting in a way
just because it shows that they care
care enough to pry in even though they know it hurts

© Copyright 2002 trapped in my mind - All Rights Reserved
LucidityNow
since 2001-02-06
Posts 118
Canada
1 posted 2002-02-15 09:11 PM

wow, this got a powerful message across that i have never heard spoken about before but always new existed. Everything you say is very true, its happening to me right now because i am trying to quit drugs and everyone is always trying to help out but you just want them to leave you alone. Great poem. I am saving this one in my collection of favorites.

and i'm certain that if i drive into those trees, it would make less of a mess, than she's made of me...

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2002-02-17 12:41 PM

I really dont know what to say when i get in that situation...i really wish someone would know and then tell me!!! You ask a very valid question that im shur people would die to know the answer 2

mE & cHrIsTiNe GaVe A WhOlE nEw mEaNiNg tO ThE wOrD "iNcOgNiTo"

HiddenSparklez
since 2000-12-29
Posts 190
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2002-02-17 01:59 AM

Your poem really struck me because at the moment I'm contemplating whether or not to call a friend who hasn't seemed too cheery lately. I know that sometimes I might "pry in" even tho I don't want to, but as you said in your poem, my friend would do the same for me if I was down. Great write about emotion that we all go through!

"You do what you do, you say what you say, you try to be everything to everyone... come on now, do that stupid dance for me" -Everclear

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » whats there to say

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary