navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » real friends are hard to find
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic real friends are hard to find Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut

0 posted 2002-02-01 05:05 PM

I was cursed with friends one day
It turned out to be a big mistake
Because I needed them one day
And they turned out to all be fake

They pretended to love me
They pretended to care
but I needed them to hug me
and no one was there

what am I supposed to do
I’m such a burden to them
They cant see my point of view
my life to quckly they condemn

I sit here alone, no one around
abandoned by my only "friends"
Tears shed all over the ground
as one chapter in my life ends

I was drowning in my own tears, until you threw me a life preserver

© Copyright 2002 Lisa Bednarz - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2002-02-01 07:08 PM

yes, they are....

hon, I'm so sorry they let you down when you needed them most. I hope you are ok, you can email me anytime ok? *hugs*

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2002-02-02 01:25 AM

Aww hun this is sad...::hugs:: you know some people say that you'll be lucky to be able to count the number of real friends you've had in your lifetime on one hand...they are rare and priceless thats for shur...i understand where your coming from..i've mistaken too many people for true friends b4 and realized they werent in similiar ways...::hugs::

BoOsH bOoSh nApoLE

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
3 posted 2002-02-02 03:41 AM

I know exavtly how you feel because I've felt the same way for a long time, but then I stoped caring.Most likely the people who are you "friends" now wont be you friends in the future because you will meet new people who really do care about you.But anyway awsome piece and I can totally relate to it.And hopefullyy things will get better for you soon.
     Lauren

"I just needed someone to talk to you were just to busy with yourself."-Staind

"You've got to get yourself together you got stuck in a moment and y

Victor_K
since 2002-02-02
Posts 12
Selangor, Malaysia
4 posted 2002-02-02 10:07 AM

I've been betrayed by friends. Not just left alone, but betrayed. But that only makes me more wary of the genuine ones... So forget the ones who hurt you and keep searching for the real ones. They're always there, just got to find them.

This is my first post. Hope I didn't say anything wrong.

A little something from me...

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
5 posted 2002-02-02 02:19 PM

It's sad isn't it? Not really sure if you can call your friends "friends" I'm going through something with my so called best friend ditching me for her new bf you would think once you left your teen years you wouldn't be so juvenile?
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2002-02-17 05:41 PM

This is a really true poem...You never know who you can trust and believe will be there for you...My best friend of 6 years blew me off for her boyfriend and now shes 8 months pregnant...But that must of been what she wanted...Thanks for sharing this with us...

~ShAtTeReD mEmOrIeS,
aRe AlL i HaVe LeFt,
Of YoU aNd Me.~

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
7 posted 2002-02-17 06:03 PM

LCBS,

I have had this happen to me a lot! It is really sad, and I hope some day soon you will be able to find friends that won't do this to you. I liked your poem. Feel free to e mail me also if you need to talk.

Dawn

HiddenSparklez
since 2000-12-29
Posts 190
British Columbia, Canada
8 posted 2002-02-18 12:50 PM

It's sad to hear that you don't have people who can see how valuable you really are. I can tell you one thing tho, someday you'll find somebody who cares/loves you as much as you do to them, and that's your REAL friend.

"You do what you do, you say what you say, you try to be everything to everyone... come on now, do that stupid dance for me" -Everclear

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » real friends are hard to find

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary