navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » YESSSS I JUST MADE MY FIRST CD...here's one song
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic YESSSS I JUST MADE MY FIRST CD...here's one song Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SlowDrag
since 2002-01-10
Posts 53
Tx...need i say more

0 posted 2002-06-26 01:18 AM

I'm proud to announce that my band...Idiot Box (dont ask)....just recorded our first cd....it took a lotta time and money but it's done ....it's called "a ride on the short bus"....here's the first song on it (not to mention the first song i ever wrote...) it's punk.......if you want me to send you the recorded cd version in mp3 format email me at dr_pepsi13@yahoo.com  ... i can send it through msn yahoo or aol instant messengers....hah i recommend it...i want people to hear our music. anyhow here's the words...

this song is kinda recorded making fun of happy punk bands like blink 182...it's in that style btw.

The First Date.

Iron my shirt
put gel in my hair
run in circles
dont know what to wear

ask my mom
if i can borrow the car...
spin over to south blvd.

Chorus:
asked her out
now it's our first date...
so nervous now...
i just can't wait...
anxiety
building up in my mind...
grab my cologne
running out of time...

picked her up
and drove her down town
started to yawn
so i looked around...

couldn't think
of anything to do...
stomache ache
makes my face turn blue

Chorus:
asked her out
now it's our first date...
so nervous now...
i just can't wait...
anxiety
building up in my mind...
grab my Big Red
i'm running out of time...

Bridge:
I'll never grow up..
i'll never show up...
i'll never be on time...(2x)

Chorus:
took her home...
walked her to the door..
held my breath
hoping for a little more...
leaned over...
kissed me on the cheek
i said "hey baby..
i'll see you in another week"

and all i wanna do is be there for the things you're going through....well is it good for you?...is it good for you?

© Copyright 2002 Eric - All Rights Reserved
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
1 posted 2002-06-26 02:20 AM

Dude, I love it. I love it man, love it. The lyrics fit the style perfectly. Do you think I could get a copy of your cd?

The first few verses could use some work, to be honest. But the chorus(s) and bridge are tight.

Sincerely,
Titus

Every second that passes you are one second older. You'll never get that second back.

CwboyAtHeart
since 2001-04-14
Posts 541
Selah, WA, USA
2 posted 2002-06-26 03:02 AM

I like it.  It totally works w/the style that it's in.  Has a nice flow to it, great job.  Good luck w/ur band!

- Cody -

Note To Self:  If Pigs Can Fly, So Can I!!!

If someboy laughs at me, does that make me funny or just plain stupid?  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » YESSSS I JUST MADE MY FIRST CD...here's one song

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary