navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Russian Roulette
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Russian Roulette Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kosetsu
since 2001-03-10
Posts 450
Alabama, USA

0 posted 2002-06-23 12:05 PM

Muscles twitch spasmodically,
And pupils dilate.
Insects skitter over foot
And proceed to desecrate

The broken graves of lovers,
Where ghosts will lie in wait
For the worthless hides of men
Who resign themselves to debate

The chances of attempting
To tempt the lips of fate.
Cold lips kiss the iron lips.
Now they’re part of the death rate.

----------
*sigh* This...thing..doesn't deserve posting. The first stanza is perfect. The other two should be dragged out into the street and shot repeatedly with high powered weapons until there is little left but a bloody splatter spot.

Enjoy.
-Adam

[This message has been edited by Kosetsu (06-23-2002 12:05 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Adam Kamerer - All Rights Reserved
Neosaphire
since 2002-06-21
Posts 20
Oklahoma City
1 posted 2002-06-23 12:19 PM

The first one is exquisite. The second one...the first two lines hold well, the last two just aren't quite right. Can't really think of an idea to help...this was my least favorite of the three, but still good. The third...there are a few courses of action I see that could improve its flow, the last two lines are a bit akward together. One could either edit the very last line to something else (perhaps it's the combination of "Now" "they're" "of" and "the" next to each other that slightly irks me, I dunno, it doesn't seem as high quality as the rest of the poem) or change the second to the last line a bit to have a better matching rhythemic feel to the last line (Cold lips kiss iron [two syllable trochaic word], for example ). I love your repeated use of the tempt base, you did that well, and using the noun phrase as the entire sentence is strikingly powerful and to the point. I very much enjoyed reading this, I'm thankfull that you didn't actually drag them out into the street and shoot them repeatedly  

[This message has been edited by Neosaphire (06-23-2002 12:20 AM).]

cutiepiesugarbabie
since 2002-06-07
Posts 110
A Cloud In the Sky
2 posted 2002-06-24 11:51 AM

it was a good poem-the first quartrain held it all together...there's enough violence in the world today...no need to drag poems into it!

o*~Everyone makes mistakes-get over them and make more tomorrow!~*o

cutiepiesugarbabie
since 2002-06-07
Posts 110
A Cloud In the Sky
3 posted 2002-06-24 11:51 AM

it was a good poem-the first quartrain held it all together...there's enough violence in the world today...no need to drag poems into it!

o*~Everyone makes mistakes-get over them and make more tomorrow!~*o

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
4 posted 2002-06-25 12:03 PM

haha dont you hate it when youre off to such a great start and then you just lose your edge and the rest of it sucks, i do it all the time, but from the looks of this poem i do it a LITTLE bit worse haha this really wasnt bad at all, but i know anything i say wont change your mind bc as poets we're always over-critical of our work.  it definetly was worth posting and i look forward to your next

**You can't always trust the people you want to**

songsoftheaftermath
since 2002-06-19
Posts 84
a world of disarray
5 posted 2002-06-26 03:25 AM

sometimes its not just the form and rhyme that matter-but the content too. dont be too hard on yourself over the form. write from the heart and it will sure to move other people. good work adamz.

could the darkness be my friend?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Russian Roulette

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary