navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Souless Mate
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Souless Mate Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenabou
since 2000-06-13
Posts 215
Oklahoma/Nova Scotia Canada/USA

0 posted 2002-01-14 02:52 PM

I'm surrounded
by nothing
but my tears and heartbreak
I let him leave
with words left unspoken
He never knew
it was all I wanted
I always told myself
to never regret
But there are things in life
that I cannot forget
Torn up inside
With an empty heart
and broken dreams
I pear out the window
into the nothingness
that was once my soul
I need him
but he doesn't know
I'll never find another love
like what we shared
No one else on earth
could ever compare
to how happy he made me
and the twinkle in my eye
it's gone now
with out a trace
Just like my lover
What am I left with?
but a mateless soul
or perhaps
a souless mate
-----------------------
I know this doesn't flow and is pretty choppy,but thats much like the storm raging in my heart

The world is like a mirror; frown at it, and it frowns at you.  Smile and it smiles, too
Be kind,for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle

© Copyright 2002 Jenna-Nicole Boutilier - All Rights Reserved
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
1 posted 2002-01-14 04:04 PM

This is so sad hun...Im sorry about ur situation and your lover...

yOu GeT wAt u PaId 4 bUt i JuS hAd nO..iNtEnTion oF liVin tHis waY --Counting crows

LCsftball16
since 2001-05-17
Posts 39

2 posted 2002-01-14 04:15 PM

i can soo identify with this! like you could never understand... ~even tho i try to forget all about him and everything about him~ lol n e wayz good write!
Mon Cherie
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers
3 posted 2002-01-15 12:17 PM

This is really well written! i absolutely love the way you ended the poem. "A mateless soul or perhaps a souless mate".

_,,,^.^,,,_
Florence

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
4 posted 2002-01-15 04:38 PM

"never regret"

Let me tell you a story... there once was a girl named Jaime who fell desperately in love with a boy named Paul. So much... that they were soulmates. Each a living piece of each other. Well, Jaime and Paul had communication problems. A lot of what was needed to be said or understood wasn't. One day Paul got engaged to some other girl. This shattered Jaime's world and broke apart everything... her life, her dreams, her soul, her heart... it was all gone. And what happened to Jaime?

She lived.

She kept on living and never regretting because from this experience she became stronger and wiser. She learned to love again... both others and herself. And do you know what you're going to do?

You're going to live.

You're going to smile. You're going to move on. And why? Well why the hell not?! You're strong and you've got a lot to offer. Just hold your head up.. that way you'll see the dawn.

Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

The only thing that I fear is to die quietly.

Read between the lines.

jaimespoetry.blogspot.com

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (01-15-2002 04:43 PM).]

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
5 posted 2002-01-16 02:00 PM

wow... another heatbreak one, is everyone going through this???  i hope you recover soon, as i told Erin it as a long hard road but in the end it'll be fine... i was there not too long ago and i wanted to die... anyway, i love the poem great work
*Pixie*

-=Love starts with a SMILE, grows with a KISS, and ends with a TEAR=-

Shygirl82
since 2001-02-19
Posts 245
Ilinois
6 posted 2002-01-16 09:06 PM

Very powerful words here...I wish I could offer different words of encouragement...but it looks like everyone has hit most of them.  All I can say is TIME...it takes time to heal all things...especially broken hearts. (((hugs)))
~Nikki~

Smile!!  You never know who may be falling in love with it...

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
7 posted 2002-01-17 01:02 PM

Emotional poetry doesn't have to flow well... it's just about getting out whatever it is that's impossible to keep in.

I really hope you feel better.  I know you're hurting (very understandable.)  But.. *nods* Never regret.  

Hang in there...

--Marie

I wish your fingers could touch all I can't say... no should ever feel this alone.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
8 posted 2002-02-16 07:59 PM

Wow this is a really piece!!! Love sucks specially when you let that one special person get away...But you should never regret it...

Just think of it as this: "YOu only fall in love once, the rest is just practice to make sure your heart can take it"

~ShAtTeReD mEmOrIeS,
aRe AlL i HaVe LeFt,
Of YoU aNd Me.~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Souless Mate

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary