navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Heart Ache
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Heart Ache Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~

0 posted 2002-01-09 05:52 PM

~*~Heart Ache~*~

I seen your true colors,
start to shine through.
The day you took my heart,
and broke it into two.

I thought it was fate,
the day you were sent to me.
But all it was,
was what I want it to be.

I have had plenty of thoughts,
of you in my mind.
And I have shed many tears,
just to pass the time.

I thought it was love,
so I did my part.
Now here I am,
hurting with a broken heart.

"If you want something very badly, set it free. If it comes back to you its yours forever, if it doesnt it was never yours to begin with"

© Copyright 2002 Erin Erbs - All Rights Reserved
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
1 posted 2002-01-09 06:28 PM

Aww Erin ::Hugs::...im sorry that your heart is aching...time will heal the pain

yOu GeT wAt u PaId 4 bUt i JuS hAd nO..iNtEnTion oF liVin tHis waY --Counting crows

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
2 posted 2002-01-09 11:07 PM

Oh WOWOWOW. Are you in my head Erin?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I seen your true colors,
start to shine through.
The day you took my heart,
and broke it into two.

I thought it was fate,
the day you were sent to me.
But all it was,
was what I want it to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Booya... from my thoughts to your words hon. Wish he were reading this right now...grr
Great work on this.

Jenn

"You are the strength, that keeps me walking- you are the hope that keeps me trusting."

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2002-01-10 03:11 AM

Shugar~Hopefully that time will come soon...I hate guys!!!

Jenn~I would never want the guy to read this just cause he would have the satisfacton of knowing that Im still thinking of him...

If you want something very badly, set it free. If it comes back to you, its yours forever, if it doesnt, it was never yours to begin with"

Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
4 posted 2002-01-10 10:55 AM

Hmmm, perhaps you're right...
yeah guys suck sometimes.

"You are the strength, that keeps me walking- you are the hope that keeps me trusting."

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2002-01-10 05:11 PM

Jenn~
There is a story behind this poem...Me & my ex were together for almost 2 years...We got along pretty good...But then he started lying to me...We would make plans and he would only make plans with me so i wouldnt keep bothering him about what we were gonna do...And one day i just got sick of him so i started fighting with him and broke up with him...I tried using reverse psychology on him (i would tell him to call me and he wouldnt so the day we broke up i told him never to call me again but it didnt work and he never did call)...And now I realize that he must not have really cared cause he cant even pick up the phone to work things out...And that almost 2 months ago...But ohhh well sorry for rambling...

If you want something very badly, set it free. If it comes back to you, its yours forever, if it doesnt, it was never yours to begin with"

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
6 posted 2002-01-15 03:20 AM

sorry to ear that it went that way for the two of oyu
my breakups are usually messy too

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
7 posted 2002-01-15 04:56 AM

Jose~
My Oh My...I havent heard from you in a VERY long time!!!But its good to hear from you...Thanks for reading my poem...Im glad my breakup was just as messy as some of yours!!!Email me sometime!!!

Mon Cherie
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers
8 posted 2002-01-15 09:54 AM

Oh boy, Erin, I understand how you feel. But you know that we're always here for you, and you can share your hurt with us through your poetry, or you can even send me a mail! Please cheer up!

_,,,^.^,,,_
Florence

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
9 posted 2002-01-15 11:07 PM

i like the last stanza boys suck until you finally find a good one. which will happen SOME day! lol but neways, nice to see you posting again! I will talk to you later mmk? take care of yourself

-=Kiley

**You can't always trust the people you want to**

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
10 posted 2002-01-16 01:56 PM

i like htis a lot, i have been in that exact situation and it sucks.  the road to recovery is a long hard one but you will make it.  good luck hun... poetry helps a lot
*Pixie*

-=Love starts with a SMILE, grows with a KISS, and ends with a TEAR=-

TigerZ
since 2002-01-02
Posts 83
Ontario, Canada
11 posted 2002-01-17 06:20 PM

I hope things get better...=( i know exactly how you feel

wonderful poem

A life without loveā€¦is no life at all.

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
12 posted 2002-01-17 10:58 PM

Erin, sorry to see all the pain that is going on for you.  I have never had a break up that wasn't painfull.  Hopefully time will heal soon for you and you can move on with making yourself happy again!

MelZ!

I am here if you need it!

You can't hurt me anymore than I have hurt myself already...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Heart Ache

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary