navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Visibly Invisible
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Visibly Invisible Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs

0 posted 2002-05-23 10:28 AM

Its a miracle i tell you,
A living being who has a million traits
Is able to be seen by the naked eye.
But yet,
She's so invisible.
Unless called on for a favor,
She's rarely called on at all.
Lost admist endless personalities,
Laughs and emotions.
SHe sits there still,
Practically without a name to all who surround her.

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

© Copyright 2002 Michele - All Rights Reserved
knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
1 posted 2002-05-24 02:35 AM

Michele, it seems we all feel like this sometimes. I hate that this is how youre feeling(if this is you). I think you wrote this well and think the title goes very well.
LOVE your location dear.
~tiff

“A single choice can build destinies,or destroy them.”

I know Im not perfect but I can smile
& I hope that you c this heart behind my tired eyes

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
2 posted 2002-05-24 10:57 AM

hey tiff and thanks for the reply! Yup im def writing about me..this is such a sucky feeling but unfortunately too many people can relate. Thanks again for replying and glad you liked the poem and location!

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
3 posted 2002-05-25 12:28 PM

Uck- darn people, how hard is it just to be appreciated around here?

I relate girl

Jenn

Why is it that we are at our most ingenius only when trying to destroy the things that keep us alive and thriving?

kaile
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
4 posted 2002-05-26 10:38 AM

feeling a tad exploited huh? such days are sucky but i guess they add spice to our life experiences...
Mon Cherie
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers
5 posted 2002-05-26 11:55 AM

Yeah, I think all of us feel this way sometimes. I guess we just have to hope this doesn't happen very often...

It's really not a good feeling. Sometimes you don't know whether you should be happy that you're left alone (able to enjoy the solitude), or to be sad that you're remembered only for your giggles, or as someone who is REALLY helpful...

_,,,^.^,,,_
Florence

xShUgArHiGhx
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
6 posted 2002-05-26 03:02 PM

Yea i always find it amusing when i wish i was alone and am surrounded by people who are bugging me and then when im alone i wish to be surrounded by people..i guess its human nature never to be satisfied with what ya got...thanks bot for your replies

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2002-05-28 06:22 PM

Door mats have this unprecictable trait of picking themselves up and shaking themselves off when there is too much dirt accumulated on top from the wiping of a myriad of feet. It is an unfortunate fact that it will be the one dusting off their feet at the time of that cathartic decision that will find themselves suddenly upon their bottom... it happens.... I know.... I am a fellow doormat... or atleast I was... God forbid you ever say a pointed "NO" or question mercanariously "So what's in it for me" You will find that your true friends will still be there but you will have dropped all the dead weight from your life.  Just don't try to convince yourself that you actually reap benefits from doing all those "favours". Or you will become as guilty as those who whip their feet upon you.

Sherry

Cherish the good memories past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.
But above all... be kind to yourself today.

[This message has been edited by Magicmystery (05-28-2002 06:25 PM).]

xShUgArHiGhx
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
8 posted 2002-05-28 09:13 PM

Thank you for the insight. I never really thought of it that way and now that i've read your reply i have to sit and think on what you've said some more. I thought it was very interesting..thank you for the reply

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh myself to sleep
It's my lullaby

aVriL lAvIgNe

Dunphy
since 2002-03-14
Posts 82
Massachusetts USA
9 posted 2002-05-29 01:33 PM

i like ur work nicely done i hope you write some more sweety i enjoy ur wurk peace out have a good week
love dunphy
aka scooby

xShUgArHiGhx
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
10 posted 2002-05-29 10:20 PM

thanks hun I hope you have a good week too

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh myself to sleep
It's my lullaby

aVriL lAvIgNe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Visibly Invisible

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary