navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The Worthwhile Endeavour
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Worthwhile Endeavour Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Winston Froom
since 2001-11-28
Posts 32

0 posted 2002-05-22 02:47 AM

A Worthwhile Endeavour

A word, a verse, a stanza
overrun by lifeless hazards:
"Teen poets"!

Spinning cluelessly and randomly
rhymes of idiocy and fantasy-
Sheer hipocrisy.

Acclaiming worthless pieces
timeworn verses no one seizes-
Hollow scenes.

"He left me today"/"Daddy's spanking parade"/"No one loves me anymore"/"Had enough, I'm leaving home!"/"They say I'm a whore, Ooh! I think it's true"/"Picked up a rubber and I thought of you"/

Ah, the literacy.
Carry on, grab a cup of tea!
Nothing is more worthwhile
than reading Teen Poetry!

© Copyright 2002 Winston Froom - All Rights Reserved
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
1 posted 2002-05-22 08:11 AM

er, actually you can get to read such poetry in Open #20 too..

some poems are cliched perhaps but they are heartfelt nonetheless and for that reason alone, i feel that such poetry should be encouraged...anyway, i think that it is only through writing that one may mature...if writing such drivel will help me to grow eventually, then why not?

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
2 posted 2002-05-22 05:55 PM

Teens are not the only ones with those problems. By the same token- those are not the only topics teens write about. Heh... no need to be judgemental, can't we all just get along?

Why is it that we are at our most ingenius only when trying to destroy the things that keep us alive and thriving?

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
3 posted 2002-05-23 10:07 AM

I liked this one a lot winston It really is how things are!! Good job !!

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Winston Froom
since 2001-11-28
Posts 32

4 posted 2002-05-26 10:25 PM

It's one thing to say what you feel, and it is quite another to insult an artform by ignoring all aspects of it.  This is not a poem against expression, on the contrary. What is the difference between say, an essay and a poem? Can you not express yourself in both styles? The difference is a combination of structure and syntax- essence. So until these impostors know how to distinguish and differ I think this poem stands true...    ...in essence.
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2002-05-30 07:53 AM

Hello Winston, so nice to see you. So nice to read you, and indeed nice to see a reply on the replies. Another splendid poem, and I'll have to say that I agree with you in every aspect without pointing out names. This poem is expressive and a beautiful analytical realization that has been bothering ME for a while, and it's nice to see a poem about it. You confronted the problem well, and without naming or harsh insulting words that could offend. I enjoyed this poem very much and hope to see more...

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Winston Froom
since 2001-11-28
Posts 32

6 posted 2002-05-30 05:21 PM

Hey Dopey, It's always great to hear from you!  Thanks much for the reply.  I look forward to meeting you again sometime and the rest of the former SoS I miss those days! Anyways thanks again. Goodbye.
deadeyes
since 2001-11-07
Posts 33

7 posted 2002-05-31 11:25 AM

Who whoo nice one Winston. Anyway, keep up the good work and reach for the um stars? That sounds clicheish let me start again lol Just like your poem reads. Keep striving for your true verses..because they are coming up really well. You are showing emotions right up your sleeve and you are not afraid to be direct yet show a little of mystery as well. ALWAYS be creative. And it certainly is looking that way. Something that for me Robert Frost never understood but oh well lol

[This message has been edited by deadeyes (05-31-2002 05:10 PM).]

fulanodetal3684
since 2001-10-10
Posts 19

8 posted 2002-06-05 12:06 PM

I respect this piece very much for its honesty and clearness, very good effort Winston, its really good to read you rise from your writer's block with such a piece as this one, and may I say that I completely agree with what you had to say, very true from my perspective!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The Worthwhile Endeavour

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary