navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » Finding Us---with a plea for suggestions--maybe "Finding Locus" ???
Open Poetry #14
Post A Reply Post New Topic Finding Us---with a plea for suggestions--maybe "Finding Locus" ??? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon

0 posted 2001-06-26 11:06 AM

Finding Us
Virginia Salter

Cat’s in the cradle
who’s Betty Grable
The cows are up fore noon
Mystery’s a fable
clue’s in the label
Hark! It’s the sparrow’s tune.

Ring of pirouettes
before the sun sets
Swimming the lake in line
Cat and dog pets
sweet violets
As the sea gulls come in to dine.

Music by the score
floats over shore
Stones stand firm their ground
Tides do pour
the sea foam more
Waves crash over, ‘round.

Sweet harmony
beside the sea
Seeks communion full
All gather free
to live and be
Dressed in peace-filled lull.

Though we came about
from a realm far out
Love centered us to core
No need to shout
nor cry or pout
We’re one forever more.

© June 26, 2001

Now, I need help with the title.  I'm having a senior moment and I'm not even sure I can find the words to tell you what I want the title to convey, since I can't think of the word to use for the title.  I want the poem to be about two souls wandering, seeking their mate, their destinies.  The piece starts out in random disjointedness and then comes together with meaning and comraderie, even 'communion' of two beings, their centering to peaceful companionship.  And all's right with the world.  I really don't want to use the word "Us," but rather the word I can't think of at this point. Have I explained myself well enough for you to offer suggestions?

[This message has been edited by VAS (edited 06-26-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Virginia Salter - All Rights Reserved
Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
1 posted 2001-06-26 11:42 AM

VAS,
The Core of More.

Interloper
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
2 posted 2001-06-26 12:15 PM

Gee, so nice.  I really liked it very much.
"unified core" "unified" ??????

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

3 posted 2001-06-26 12:56 PM

VAS.. I am not at all sure what I could offer to help you... seems complete to me and anything I would add or suggest would only take away from what you have completed..

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
4 posted 2001-06-26 01:04 PM

but, but, but,  Cpat, I'm looking only for a word other than 'us' for the title.

Something like "Finding Our Center" but that's not it, it's just not.  Somewhere in the recesses of this increasingly grey gray matter, there's a word...but I can't find it.  I hope it's not been thrown in the trash and emptied. :0{ oh, me,  oh, my.  Thanks for checking to try.

And Sy and Interloper, thank you, both, too.  It's just not there yet.

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

5 posted 2001-06-26 01:11 PM

VAS...
This poem stats with a nursery rhyme image...and moves through that image to one of the sea... perhaps rather than us..it is WE you search for... I am truly not sure how to respond in part because the form itself..is so different from what I write that the images and theme are brought out differently... and that difference makes a title more difficult for me to help with. Evolution might be another possible title,
I am so sorry..but I too am having a crisis of grey matter today...

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
6 posted 2001-06-26 02:07 PM

heh heh heh, well at least I am in good company.  Thank you for your attention.  I was thinking you had thought I'd wanted help with the poem rather than the title.  That's why I made my add'l plea.  I so appreciate your responses, honest!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » Finding Us---with a plea for suggestions--maybe "Finding Locus" ???

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary