navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » my uncle has cancer...need a poem for him please
Open Poetry #13
Post A Reply Post New Topic my uncle has cancer...need a poem for him please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
balltongue89
since 2001-05-02
Posts 7

0 posted 2001-05-02 12:41 PM

Due to the non-poetic content of this post, it has been moved to the
Q & A Forum; it can be found there for further comments.

© Copyright 2001 balltongue89 - All Rights Reserved
balltongue89
since 2001-05-02
Posts 7

1 posted 2001-05-02 01:54 AM

well, i know it would probably be hard for someone to write a poem to someone they don't even know. so um could someone give me any links to realy good poetry sites that i could find a good poem for him? please i wanted to give it o him when he goes back to the hospital wed. thanx
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2001-05-02 05:03 AM

Hi!   It is really hard to write for someone you do not know especially under your uncle's circumstances but I know how scared and worried you must all feel so I found this wonderful site that has encouraging and inspirational poetry that will certainly lift his spirits, and I hope you like it: http://www.geocities.com/peacefulhush/5/60state.html

The site is called Peaceful Hush and I used it a lot when my Mother was ill and also a friend of mine.  There is some wonderful poetry there, perhaps print it out and read it to him.  Also, when he is recovering he may loose his voice but not the voice that really counts, and that is the voice of his heart...why not buy him a good writing tablet and nice pen, and get him writing out his own poetry?  Best wishes to you all in a very scary time, and I sincerely hope all goes well for him. You did the right thing by reaching out, as people do care.

Please visit me at my new homepage:
http://www.mysteria-poetry.cityslide.com/contents/contents/cfm/451673

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » my uncle has cancer...need a poem for him please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary