navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » souls light
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic souls light Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

0 posted 2003-04-07 04:42 PM

The valley of assumption
the daunting turns
the human insurrection
and the calling yearns

go forth young soul
into the valley once told
of flowers and
sorrows
and a time for tomorrow

break away
the hold of the sins
they once told

as the leaves on the trees
lose their control

and life for another
those days do not mourn
for the sight of ones light
last, forevermore.

© Copyright 2003 mysticpoe - All Rights Reserved
WisprWnd
since 2003-02-07
Posts 34

1 posted 2003-04-07 05:17 PM

Touched. Confused, sorry.
      I love you.

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

2 posted 2003-04-08 10:43 AM

Hi WisperWnd, Thanks for stopping by. I realize the poem is deep and not easy to understand. But the message came to me in this way, as most do. I guess it is a feeling one needs to comprehend the meaning, rather than trying to understand it. Logic as we know it can be it's own trap at times. Thanks again and God Bless!!

mysticpoe

Brad Majors
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
3 posted 2003-04-09 12:38 PM

I don't feel a reader has to be able to fully grasp an authors intent to appreciate the piece. Very good job on this one!
mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

4 posted 2003-04-10 10:17 AM

Hi Brad, thanks for stopping by. I know what you are saying, poetry is like an abstract painting of sorts. The meaning lies within what they see from their own heart. But one still wants so much for the soul of the poet to be felt and somewhat understood.

I guess poems are like the the colors of a rainbow. Even though the rainbow possesses many colors, each person picks out their own.

Brad, thanks for your help and comments. I needed to think about this. God Bless!!

mysticpoe

qtpieelmo
since 2000-07-04
Posts 989
Sesame Street :) hee hee ,NY
5 posted 2003-04-12 09:58 AM

I love this, even though I don't know exactly what meaning it holds 4 u I have interpreted it to hold meaning for myself--I believe that poetry(at least for me) is about expressing oneself & not to make others understand, but to release the feelings for ones own benefit, kinda like a therapy, some ppl get my poems, others don't, but I know what they stand for & that should be all that matters!! Anyway I'm babblin now-lol--Great job here!!

ELMO

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
6 posted 2003-04-12 02:00 PM

kinda confused here too, but a great poem nonetheless. I may not know your meaning, but I can sure feel you emotions.
mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

7 posted 2003-04-25 05:05 PM

ELMO, thanks for stopping in. I was away for awhile, so I apologize for not thanking you sooner for your fine comments and wisdom. Very well said and thanks again.

IcyFlame, to feel and not to understand is a gift that is given to one for the beyond and common planes. Thanks Again.

Thanks to you both and God Bless!!

mysticpoe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » souls light

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary