navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » all i did was watch
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic all i did was watch Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
theSunflower
since 2002-11-17
Posts 11

0 posted 2002-11-17 10:58 AM

I watched in horror as you slipped all the way down.  I didn’t help you.  I didn’t even try.  I sit and did nothing I couldn’t even cry.  I watched in horror as you lay in pain.  I hurt, but not for you, as you.  I felt it, through you.  I couldn’t move.   My thoughts inextricable, intense flashes of color took the place of emotions that I couldn’t understand, or maybe that I didn’t want to understand.  I wanted so badly to solace you, to hold you, to bleed with you.  But I couldn’t.  I wanted so badly to run screaming into the safety of my car, drive away and never look back.  But I couldn’t.  I sat paralyzed, my mouth was dry, my eyes full of tears that would never get the chance to run down my cheek.  I did nothing.   NOTHING!!!

© Copyright 2002 theSunflower - All Rights Reserved
neveah5
since 2002-11-22
Posts 197
Ohio
1 posted 2002-11-22 09:49 PM

sometimes there is nothing you can do..
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2002-12-18 12:43 PM

Hmmm.... This bears consideration (or at least comprehension)

You were watching someone bleed by yr car? A collision, maybe? Sadly, the first impulse when you've hit someone is not "I wish I could bleed with you" but "Oh no, what have *I* done." I I I me me me. Survival is a selfish impulse, but it's gotten us this far, has it not?

Ramble off.

Interesting writing.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » all i did was watch

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary