navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Night's attack
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Night's attack Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)

0 posted 2002-09-23 10:50 PM

The twisted hands of fate
Rip through my soul tonight
Filling with anger and hate
I see with blind sight
Bruises form upon my skin
As pain flows, blood-red
Tears fall deep within
My tongue, made of lead
Anger mixes with agony
But I cannot escape
Tomorrow when I close my eyes
You will continue this rape

----------------------------------------------------

Just to verify with everyone: This piece isn't exactly about rape. It could be, but I've left this open to whatever your interpretation is. I honestly have yet to decide what I feel it's about....maybe people could suggest some of the things that they thought of??? (I know: Very subtle hint, but...) Thanks!
Ja.

"cherry blossoms"

Floating to the ground
Light pink in your soft colour
End my memories

© Copyright 2002 Carson - All Rights Reserved
Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2002-09-23 11:44 PM

Well, very well done first off.  When I first read it I thought that it was about someone being raped.  Then I read it a second time and thought that it also could be a emotional rape as well.  Either way thanks for the read.  

[This message has been edited by Miah (09-23-2002 11:45 PM).]

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

2 posted 2002-09-24 12:30 PM

This is indeed a very dark poem.  I like your ironic "blind sight", and your mixture between emotion and action.

As for some suggestion concerning the meaning of the poem, I think it depicts a situation in which the speaker cannot control his own circumstances.  He is being raped by the owner of the twisted hands of fate.  Perhaps the speaker has lost control of his fate to someone else?  The sense of anger and despair may indicate some relationship problem, or perhaps it could involve some metaphysical problem, such as the speaker perceiving some tragic circumstances in which he now finds himself as God's doing.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

[This message has been edited by fractal007 (09-24-2002 12:33 AM).]

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

3 posted 2002-09-24 01:07 PM

Someone who would rather self-destruct
than accept.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Night's attack

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary