navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » One deck later (part 2)
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic One deck later (part 2) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

0 posted 2002-09-09 02:27 PM

Yep, I'm still an insane,
bite-off-more-than-he-can-ever-hope-to-chew-or-swallow
typa guy.

One deck later (continued)
The Lovers:
The air is a kiss
upon their brows.
All roads,
doubly-back,
to her.
Sees an angel
in her eyes.
Sad and glad
flames of tongue.

The Chariot:
Abracadabra
horse lions
pull him toward
water's conclusion:
through the gate,
or into a wall.
Full over guns
and stones of ideas.

Strength:
"Let me see your teeth."
A remark to the drawn.
"Let me see your teeth."
She will say it again.

The Hermit:
He holds the moon
in jar of light.
Finding ways
of unseen's side.
Will return,
unremarked.
Unknown words
and unknown sight.

Wheel of Fortune:
Between one and three.

Justice:
A sword to place
within your scales,
weighing comfort's mask.
Or will it slice spoils away,
tumbled half-suns in the sea,
swords there spreading in array.

The Hanged Man:
Oh, what colors he learned
when he hung the sky
from the ground;
when he hanged the ground
as the sky.

[This message has been edited by bsquirrel (09-09-2002 02:30 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 MPC - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2002-09-09 02:55 PM

Mike---I'll have to memorize all your definitions of the major arcana---it will make my readings so poetic!

Linda

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2002-09-09 03:02 PM

That is so sweet of you to say, Linda!

Mike

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2002-09-09 04:58 PM

The Lovers:
loved this--astrological correspondence?
GEMINI--corresponding color is ORANGE, with smell its associative sense...Mercury (communication) and Venus (amore') together make two apart as one...smiling...lovely job of The Lovers..

The Chariot:
Abracadabra
Gotta love the abracadrabra as The Chariot is the card of ambition--and the implicit abracadabra implies "control" as illustrated by the charioteer, with reigns in hand. It relates to the astrological symbol of Cancer--it's color is an orange-yellow (very nice lovie...smiling)

Strength:
hmmm...this part confuses me--as this card, to my view, depicts an angel striving to keep the jaws of lion in close---remember the angel(s) in the book of Daniel? This card stands for the direction of North (or above) and is one of the more pointedly spiritual cards as it depicts, most strikingly, ascension--through free will over fleshly (therefore lustful and animalistic tendencies) ...The sign here is LEO (do we detect a pattern?) chuckling...
The Hermit: I consider this card a personal guide. It corresponds to the 10th Hebrew letter---which is actually "yod", it is a symbol of pure creationism, representing touch and sexual union...color? yellowish green of creation, once again. He is the leader who has acheived, and lights the way for others. correspondence Virgo, of course, of mercurian intellect.

Wheel of Fortune:
actually represents a scale of opposites..(curious about your 1 & 3 reference here.) This actually translates as a "grasping hand"
It's color is violet, the color of spirituality, indicating the ability of the two fold path to work for man (ego) or spirit (id)

Justice:
corresponds to the scales of Libra (of course! *chuckle* It's color is Emerald Green....it symbolizes work and temperance....balances..."with all your wisdom, get understanding" The number of this card is 11, and conjoins the High Priestess in the Fool's Journey.

The Hanged Man:
This is the symbol of stable intelligence. The color is Deep Blue...or Midnight...smiling. And it portrays a willing martyrdom. There is very much to be studies here...This is the card depicting the results of crucifixion of flesh...Its element is water "Hanged man" also means suspended mind because the words "man" and "mind" are from the same Sanskrit root. (The Rabbi's Tarot by Daphna Moore...

Forgive me lecture Mike...sigh...it's all subject to interpretation, but oh my this is a vast ocean...do you have a deck? Lay out the fool's journey, and, sigh, it's like "wading into the ocean," lovie...

You amaze me....

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

4 posted 2002-09-09 05:17 PM

Hey, Sen.   Before I go on, I will admit two things --

One, I know NOTHING about the Tarot. This poem is my attempt at learning.

Two, so how am I going about this poem? I'm looking at a site for interpretations, then quite quickly shutting those interpretations out -- with only the fuzziest ideas of their form -- to write the poems. It's almost like writing poetry in a trance, I suppose.

The poem veers more toward me than anything -- if something doesn't jibe with my idea of it in the poem, it is neatly excised.  

The Lovers:
Simply enough, the choices you make, the subtle difference of male/female, and how when these two souls are conjoin in fire, it will either strengthen you both or burn you away to a cinder -- again, depending on the choices you make. That's why the tongues are both sad and glad.

The Chariot:
Abracadabra, quite literally, is on the Thoth deck for the Chariot (according to the site I was at) ... I pretty  much just ran with the idea of sphinxes (Abracadabra horse lions) driving the chariot to some focused conclusion, whether that conclusion gets you through the door, or slams you into a wall.

Strength:
Ah, my interpretation was she was slowly going to open the lion's mouth with infinite patience. Oops!

The Hermit:
I took the idea of his lantern as far as it could go -- the moon in the jar, him contemplating the dark side of that "moon", the unseen side ... and, once learning, letting others learn rather than tell, since the information would be useless to the rest, anyway.

Wheel of Fortune:
Here I just messed around. My view is you have three different ways life can go: Rising, falling or in-between. It all goes around, again and again. The reason I didn't say "Pick a number between one and three," is because, if it's fate, you don't have the luxury of choosing yourself.

Justice:
Just my attempt at Karma -- strangely, I have Justice using the sword not to mete out justice or promote some nation's strength, but simply offered as a gift, or an end. And when those swords go tumbling into the ocean, because she cut the cups of the scale weighing your gifts, they spread out to touch again in some unknowable way -- there's my idea of Karma.

I have NOOOO idea where these thoughts came from, by the way...

The Hanged Man:
The first thing I thought about when doing the Hanged Man was T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland, which includes references to that card as well as "the eyes of a drowned Phoenician sailor/fear Death by water." (something like that)

Instead, I decided to do what I did ... rather than discover what's inside this man's mind that's hanging (willfully) from a tree, I left the puzzle sort of ... hanging there. Paradox, indeed.

I need a lie-down now.   And I'm so glad that these poems are keeping you entertained/thinking/and ... sharing info back.

Mikey

[This message has been edited by bsquirrel (09-09-2002 05:24 PM).]

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2002-09-09 05:27 PM

you are such a lovely natural....

my my...

I was hoping that my little *ahem* discourse would not only show you how instinctively you ARE "on target" but perhaps spark an interest to dig a bit more...you are too good not to sweetie...

I certainly hope you didn't think I was trying to correct you...no such thing in tarot...smile

seriously tho? It's a wonderful course of study and guide to meditation...

I do recommend "The Rabbi's Tarot" though, because it gives easy correspondences right up front, and every major arcana also has a corresponding musical note too! (very interesting when you start comparing "the classics")

so much...smiling...and you are SO good...

and it's not like "I know it all..." cuz I DON'T...

but damn I love trying!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2002-09-09 05:29 PM

oh...and? hey...you have a language of subconscious that speaks only to YOU...what means something to ME, might not mean pshat to you..., but I find that a disciplined study helps to maintain that...sigh...more in e mail?
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

7 posted 2002-09-09 05:34 PM

Hi, Sen. I'm finding the Tarot speaking to me on a level I didn't think it would -- it really is a spiritual way to understanding self, and, by extension, *beyond* self. I'm about to tackle Death ... and if I can keep my eyes focused long enough, try to get through the rest of the Major Arcana before I fall asleep in sweat and dreams and wake up later, a madman for next trying to catalog the cups, pentacles, wands and swords.

Any e-mail from you is appreciated.

Mikey

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2002-09-09 05:40 PM

can't type much now? But there are hebrew correspondences as well...this will get you thinking...

smile?

22 major arcana
22 letters in the hebrew alphabet
22 chapters in the book of Revelations...

grin...grab a shovel, lovie...gets deep!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

9 posted 2002-09-09 05:41 PM

OH...and there are DIRECT descriptions of the arcana in Revelation...join me?

I NEED THE HELP!!!!

wranx
Member Elite
since 2002-06-07
Posts 3689
Moved from a shack to a barn
10 posted 2002-09-09 06:23 PM

Damn, Mikey
You'll need to keep the Charioteer close, in this project.

btw, you ARE, quite mad. Yanno?

Lovin' your madness here, squirrel dude!

~Ed

WhiteRose
Member Elite
since 2002-07-23
Posts 3208
somebody's dungeon
11 posted 2002-09-09 06:51 PM

Okay, I'm feeling kinda shallow now cause I got stuck right here.

"Let me see your teeth."
A remark to the drawn.
"Let me see your teeth."
She will say it again.

Visions of "horses", and God forbid "slaves" popped into my head and I'll be damned if I can get them out now.

*frustrated*

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

12 posted 2002-09-09 07:20 PM

Sen, I am fully beginning to see
how deeply I have waded into this --
and now I shall drown.

Wranx, glad you're enjoying my youthful idiocy.

Anne, no, not slaves. A woman and a lion. The reason I said "drawn" is because in my mind, I somehow linked the "horse lions" of the previous card to the lion of this one. And they're tired....

(yep, I'm fumbling along)

Mikey

Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
13 posted 2002-09-10 02:26 AM

Inspirational!  CAPTIVE.....and awe inspiring.  Those are the emotions this poetry brings to life in me.  I am humbled reading your poetry.  Makes me feel as though I know nothing at all about the art form.  Nevertheless, I know that we all have our unique "gifts", and you are truly gifted!
Thank you for sharing your gift with us.  

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
14 posted 2002-09-10 10:39 AM

Mike--

I'd like to print out your poem---and all of your replies!---Interesting begets interesting!

Linda

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

15 posted 2002-09-10 12:01 PM

Lynne,
thanks for reading these ... gifts.

Linda,
If you have enough paper, go for it.

Mikey

brian sites
since 2002-06-25
Posts 1475
usa
16 posted 2002-09-10 02:06 PM

don't worry about it
your interpretations
as valid as any
and more entertaining
though the good witch
can learn you
about and what for
everything contains
some
nothing contains
all

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

17 posted 2002-09-10 02:08 PM

I will admit, quite frankly brian, that if I had known what I was getting into, I wouldn't have bothered. Now it's too late.

Mikey

devina
Member Elite
since 1999-10-28
Posts 3539
Cali
18 posted 2002-09-10 07:02 PM

I do believe you drown quite gracefully here Mike...as I sink to shallow ache after a few turns of deck.

loving these...

Open arms can be the most fragile in the world...

WhileIWasGone
since 2002-07-18
Posts 486

19 posted 2002-09-11 02:27 PM

Great work...enjoyed these very much!

H.

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

20 posted 2002-09-11 02:31 PM

T. and H. --

Thank you. I still have many, many, many, many, many, many more to go.

Mikey

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » One deck later (part 2)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary