navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » A Eulogy As Short As I Am
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Eulogy As Short As I Am Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA

0 posted 2002-04-30 02:12 AM

For the most poignant mark on my life:

My greatest memorial would be
For you to come to understand
Me when I'm gone.

My greatest dream come true would be
For you to come to appreciate
Me while I'm here.

[This message has been edited by Purity (04-30-2002 02:18 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Carrigan Chantz - All Rights Reserved
Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
1 posted 2002-04-30 02:38 AM

Purity, what an amazing philosophy. With your permission I would like to print it out to keep.

Dee

Stand straight and tall, not the reflection as others see you, but as you truely are.        Clearwater

Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA
2 posted 2002-04-30 02:41 AM

Permission granted, Dee. After reading Confusion...geez...I relate all too well. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Purity (04-30-2002 03:41 AM).]

EveGnosis
since 2002-02-21
Posts 300
New York, USA
3 posted 2002-04-30 02:57 AM

what of those few who come to understand and appreciate while you're still here? a double standard? amazing how you say so much in so little. i'm critized for responding more to you than anyone else on this site. yet, you have inspired me to write, not robert frost, emily dickenson or even arthur rimbaud (although i was captivated by his work). little ol' you. go figure. and your responses are as poetic as your writes. You solely made me accept the loss of my brother's untimely death, so i will take the ridicule to responding to you more than most.
another awesome piece.

Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA
4 posted 2002-04-30 03:40 AM

Eve...the criticism given was not strictly to chastise you for only responding to my pieces. (And I am thankful for your heartfelt responses). No one is coming against you here.  Some earlier were just responding to some of your posts which seemed at the time to indicate a distaste for lack of response. Two of my favorite poems I've written went through the threads without getting a single response...yet when someone new stumbles across this awesome poetry site, maybe those two pieces will make a difference in their lives...as your writings and responses have to me. I would never negate the importance of your "acceptances" or "coming-to-terms" with your brother's death. Such a loss, I have only remotely felt. Thank God that the beauty of poetry is that someone, somewhere will always relate to another's words based on their own experiences. You are a motivation to not only continue to try to write from the heart, but to edify your own attempts from the heart. But, don't limit your beauty to just one...give of your awesome opinion to others here that write as well, if not better than me, and watch as they likewise return the favor.
Heard of "it's a give and take world"?

Thanks, Eve. God bless.

Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
5 posted 2008-02-23 08:45 AM

This touches me with its simplicity

D

carolinabeen
since 2006-12-12
Posts 69

6 posted 2008-05-24 04:20 AM

there is no poet but that which begins
there is no loss without the poet
that which you care, you might want look away
i warned you
there is no poet but that dies
there is not a thing
along and tried
there is not a cance you'd ever know
because this poet is....

ramisf
since 2007-05-17
Posts 93

7 posted 2008-07-27 08:58 PM

you are very right. imagine if someone lives a typical life. no one will know him unless he does something not necessarily god because bad things spread out more profoundly. keep it up hopy you keep good essence in your life when you are here and after you leave. Long Life
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » A Eulogy As Short As I Am

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary