navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » To My Abuser
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic To My Abuser Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoetOfDarkness2002
since 2002-12-06
Posts 41
Lost in my dissociative unrealistic world

0 posted 2002-12-06 09:28 PM

This poem I wrote during one of my dark times but i could still see light...It is really to my abuser too...
To My Abuser

I hope you burn in hell
Hell, you know what you did to me
Me as in I
I don't know
Know what you thought, felt, cared
Cared? What care?
Care is not in your dictionary
Dictionary in your mind
Mind you, you never cared if I died
Died as in dead
Dead. Now look who's dead
Dead as in not-living
Not-living as in gone
Gone with the wind
Wind is what I was to you after the last time you abused me
Me as in I
I don't ever want to think about you again
Again as in forever,

Love Always,
Manda aka POD

"Because I could not stop for death he kindly stopped for me, the carriage held but just ourselves and immortality."

© Copyright 2002 Amanda L. Becker - All Rights Reserved
Star T
since 2002-07-12
Posts 182
Philadelphia, US
1 posted 2002-12-06 09:37 PM

that was a nice first post and this also happens to be my first time in dark poetry i always stick to teen poetry.neways thru the dark times...please never stop seeing the light.and if in truth u do have an abuser pray GOD to redeem his soul...and help u forgive him...
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2002-12-06 10:59 PM

A nice expression of your feelings...James
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2002-12-07 09:18 PM

A great poem and a great start to a "career" here at Passions.  As far as constructive critique I don't believe that your constant repeating the ending of the last line at the beginning of the next line technique did any justice to your message or your poem.  Rather, it encumbered the presentation and flow of the poem.  

However, on the positive side, your poem is very honest and hard-hitting.  You are not afraid of "telling it like it is."  I admire that quality, especially when it's in someone who's been through what you've been through.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
4 posted 2002-12-08 01:17 AM

I'm gonna try not to say anything as to what I feel about the person who did this to you, but I concur with earlier comments: Excellent show of emotions and incredibly painful yet true. The flow was phenomenal!

(And...yeah, I hope the...*ahem*...person...has a miserable life.)

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  "Hello.  Can't work today, still queer." (If only...>; P)

PoetOfDarkness2002
since 2002-12-06
Posts 41
5 posted 2002-12-08 01:21 PM

Thank you to everyone that replied..It brought a smile to my face...For those of you who commented on the guy who hurt me, he died not too long ago from emphazyma (sp?), but I still deal with the aftermath..But survival is the key...Anyways, thanks everyone..Keep shining!

Love Always,
Manda aka POD

"Because I could not stop for death he kindly stopped for me, the carriage held but just ourselves and immortality."

MidnightSon
since 2002-05-15
Posts 312
between the gutter & the stars
6 posted 2002-12-11 11:24 PM

enjoyed the flow and style of this.
and i also enjoyed its strength.

welcome. enjoy your stay, however long it is.

through the ravages of sleeplessness lies the comfort of the night

WorrosLanrete
since 2002-11-14
Posts 45

7 posted 2002-12-12 10:13 AM

Good Poem

I dont like Hell, and Golden Rule applies to forgiveness as well IMO

LADY_DEATH
since 2002-11-29
Posts 105
Fl
8 posted 2002-12-12 10:32 AM

I really liked this poem because i know the feeling of what it is like to be abused.I've been abused three different times, by three different people, but along the way I managed to help somebody else.Which made me feel better about myself and what a loser those guys really were!!!Keep on writing!!I'll want to read some more!

ashley
since 2002-10-31
Posts 10
U.S.
9 posted 2002-12-12 10:46 AM

MY mom was in a relationship where she was abused. My parents were married for 18 years and the last 5 years were pure hell for her. I admire your courage to leave it took my mom years. Just know that you are better then him and don't let him continue to ruin your life

Write for yourself and take other's critisim in stride, for if your not true to yourself why write at all?

LadyPeach1
since 2001-06-04
Posts 282

10 posted 2002-12-12 07:30 PM

Gosh, this poem was awesome!  I loved it so much.  Ashley, your mom went through the SAME exact thing my mother goes thru, i've seen it and i know what its like to have to deal with it.  It takes alot to leave!  Great poem.
LP1

PoetOfDarkness2002
since 2002-12-06
Posts 41
11 posted 2002-12-12 09:40 PM

Thanks everyone...And i will keep writing as long as my hands work...And ashley and ladypeach , i hope your moms can get out of that rotten situation....Keep shining!

Love Always,
Manda aka POD

A. L. Becker
since 2002-09-06
Posts 167
San Francisco, California
12 posted 2003-04-24 09:37 PM

hey again Manda.  i'm tryin to read all your stuff 'cause we have the same name, almost   this 1 is my favorite so far.  i actually loved the way you picked up on the last word and carried it over to the next line.  a nice technique and i thought it actually added to the angry effect.

"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?'
Let us go and make our visit."
-Eliot

PoetOfDarkness2002
since 2002-12-06
Posts 41
13 posted 2003-04-24 09:46 PM

hehe, thank you....i usually have my poems ryme, but as i wrote this one it jus kinda worked itself into the way it is....this one is also my favorite...

~*Manda*~

"Love is letting go of fear"

qtpieelmo
since 2000-07-04
Posts 989
Sesame Street :) hee hee ,NY
14 posted 2003-04-26 10:41 AM

I love the way this is written!! & I'm glad this person cannot hurt u any longer!! Great Job!! Write more soon!!

ELMO

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » To My Abuser

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary