navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Innocence Taken
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Innocence Taken Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Shygirl82
since 2001-02-19
Posts 245
Ilinois

0 posted 2001-06-04 05:38 PM

Eight months together
Seems like forever
Its come down to this one night
Will I be able to continue the fight?

My friends all warned me
They said to watch out
But I was sure I could resist you
I had no doubts.

It started with a kiss
but turned into more
We started heading towards a place
we had never been before.

You said that you loved me
Why couldnt I see
It was neither my heart nor mind
that you wanted from me

So I gave in
I didnt say no
I can see now
How I was majorly played.

Why I fell for you
I am not really sure
But its been a week now
You still havent called.

I'd held on to it for 19 years
now its gone and all I have is tears
My heart is breaking
my innocence taken.

Why I gave it to you
I will never quite know
I am sure I will find love one day
that can finally fill the hole.

I'm sure I'll be fine
with just a little time
Someone, someday will break your heart
the way you did mine.

[This message has been edited by Shygirl82 (edited 06-05-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Nikki - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2001-06-04 05:52 PM

WOw.....this was so utterly sad. I feel you here......man....some guys can be so evil. I enjoyed this so much. Oh it's so sad, you expressed this amazingly. I hope you get better and find a REAL MAN someday. You deserve it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2001-06-04 06:44 PM

this sounds exactly like what happened to me atabout the same age....I was alomst 19 when it happened to me.....I think you need to get angry and realize what a jerk he is....
here is one I wrote for the guy who did it to me.......

tell me how you do it
show me the way
to break someone's heart
then just walk away

You do it so easy
what's your trick
You do it so easy
you make me sick

How do you know
who it will be
what do you look for
what do you see

Share with me your secret
then tell me how you can
do what you do
and still call yourself a man

~SEA~

at any rate...I understand, and I'm so sorry you had to go through it....love does come along....I'm proof   keep your chin up.....and keep writing..this was great....hugs to you...SEA

Shygirl82
since 2001-02-19
Posts 245
Ilinois
3 posted 2001-06-04 07:30 PM

SEA....thankyou sooo much for sharing...it honestly meant alot to me...its good to know people care...it has been hard to deal with but I am doing much better.  Dopey thanks for your comments too.  I know their are real MEN out there somewhere.
Thanks to you both...I really appreciate it
lots of love,
~Nikki~

Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA
4 posted 2001-06-06 04:58 AM

Shygirl82,
   I'm sorry that you had to have it go out like this!  The guy is a real jerk to treat you like that!  You deserve and will get better than him, I promise you that.  And everyone is entitled to their one mistake; we'll let you count this one as yours.  

I love ya girl~ Chelsea

*that which does not kill us makes us stronger!*

[This message has been edited by Angelwings (edited 06-06-2001).]

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2001-06-06 07:47 AM

Wow this was an amazing poem...but so sad!!! when you loose something very valuable and important to you it leaves u with such an empty feeling..im sorry this happened. I loved this line
                   "tell me how you do it
                    show me the way
                    to break someone's heart
                    then just walk away"
I thought it was just amazing along with the rest of the poem. Amazing job....::Hugs::

the_rescue
since 2001-05-23
Posts 316
Japan
6 posted 2001-06-06 10:21 AM

wow the poem itself was really good while the circumstances really sucked I'm sorry that it happened hope all goes well and there are nice guys out there who wont take advatage of you or treat you bad hope you find him and he wipes all your tears away because his greatest joy will be seeing you happy

in the silence of the night I hear angels voices singing your name oh how beautiful is your name as they sing over and over.  (SPOKEN)

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

7 posted 2001-06-06 04:15 PM

wow...great poem...quite powerful emotions protrayed here...i really liked the poem...this was very sad...i hope you feel better ...you have written this so well...bye Nikki

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

Shygirl82
since 2001-02-19
Posts 245
Ilinois
8 posted 2001-06-07 04:21 AM

Thanks to everyone who replied to this poem..as most of you could tell...it was difficult for me to share but it made me feel so much when I read your comforting words...Thankyou so much

love always,
~Nikki~

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

9 posted 2001-06-27 08:59 PM

Hey wow I just found this poem.
Some guys are just the scum of the Earth, not worth spitting on if they were on fire.
Maybe that's not harsh enough..you get the idea.
I sorry this happened to you.
He'll get his eventually, don't worry.
Bel

Pickleweasel
since 2001-06-13
Posts 7
AL
10 posted 2001-06-27 09:45 PM

Hey. The poem was great, but thats a really sad thing that happened. A lot of guys can be jerks sometimes(although I'm a guy I try not be a jerk). I'm sure that you'll find someone that'll treat you nice.
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
11 posted 2001-06-29 03:38 AM

Oh Nikki...
I'm sorry this happened.
You wrote your feelings down well though.
Most men are pigs...always after that one thing.
Great Read.  

holatuwol
since 2001-04-27
Posts 72
California, USA
12 posted 2001-06-29 04:38 AM

A very emotional piece with definite stanzas in it that move the reader to feel what the writer seemed to be thinking at the various points in time. ^_^  That's a skill which very few people possess... and I think that you have quite a way with words.  'Tis a sad experience to have to live through... but you seem to have grown and learned from it and woven quite an impressive piece of verse from it.  And since the past cannot be changed, that's what important, ne?

This poem seemed to have a lot of things which a lot of people here seem to be able to relate to.  It is often said that things which don't kill you will come to make you stronger... hopefully, from what I've seen from the emotion in this piece, you'll stop shedding tears of hurt and be able to move on with your life. ^_^

My favorite line set is the third stanza... but that's basically where the poem officially starts, in my opinion, and that's where all of the poem's flow seems to head towards... if that makes an sense. ^_^  It seems to sum up the entire poem in ways that tne ending and the introduction could not... and definitely had the strongest echo for me. ^_^

A really nice piece of work, and it's the first piece I've seen from you, or at least the first one which really made an impact, if I've read others of yours before, but haven't made a name connection yet. ^_^  Beautiful writing... and until next time.  Keep your chin up, ne? ^_~  Ja!

- holatuwol

Janette
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-07-20
Posts 2843
Chicagoland for now
13 posted 2001-07-21 02:37 PM

This is beautifully written!!

The pain...the shock...the betrayal...the distress...so many emotions pulled at my heart strings.  

I could "feel" all the sentiments here.

Certainly the circumstances you had to endure were very tragic and I am sorry this happened to you.  Very sorry!

This one is a keeper!  Excellent!

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
14 posted 2001-07-24 01:03 AM

oh wow...I felt this one...this was a much appreciated read. So honest and open, and beautifully written. Great job here hun!

"Make your life like toiletpaper - long and useful."
"When 2+2 is 5 or less, it's time to question common sense."

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
15 posted 2001-07-27 08:08 AM

I musta missed this one   I'm glad I came back in and read it tho...   I know this is prolly long over, and you're feeling better.. but I just want to let you know that I enjoyed your poem, and I hope you're feeling stronger now. I also have that little problem saying no, and it sometimes gets me into trouble. And into sitch's I'd rather not be in. Glad to see your work...keep it up!

Jenn

"Baby I've been drifting away, dreaming all day, of holding you, touching you, the only thing that I wanna do is be with you..."Faith Hill

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Innocence Taken

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary