navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » 6 months (pls read)
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic 6 months (pls read) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
little_krazy_poet
since 2001-05-28
Posts 41

0 posted 2001-06-01 01:25 AM

this is a poem about i fight with depression and what has happened and what i feel.  i hope you like it

i feel you,
i’ve felt the pain.
i’ve been there,
i know the shame.

I've felt it,
the troubles in life.
I've been it
the beast inside

don’t worry
your not the only one
you don’t have to think that...
well life is now done

it’s ok
I'll help you
we’ll do this
we both will make it through

how many times
have I herd this
I think
it’s a bunch of piss

it’s been 6 months
of professional help
those ones in the chairs
the kind of guys that eat kelp

man they do nothing
just sit and stair
you know
they don’t really care

my dad spending
all his money
it’s really starting
to get funny

I'd wish it stop
it’s vary deconstructive
I don’t see how
it’s vary constructive

so after 6 months
and 3 tries
what i hear out of all of them
a bunch of sighs

WRITE WHAT YOU FEEL!! AND DON’T LET ANYONE TELL YOU TO DO OTHERWISE

© Copyright 2001 Matt B... - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-06-01 01:28 AM

good job...i enjoyed the read...bye

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 06-01-2001).]

holatuwol
since 2001-04-27
Posts 72
California, USA
2 posted 2001-06-01 03:03 AM

This is holatuwol's thought of the day... the weak rhyme (is that even a proper poetry term...?  Prolly not... anyways, I think you know what I mean by that) that you used early in the poem gave the poem the little lure that engaged me from the very beginning.  And I enjoyed the beginning very much... I thought it was impressive.

But, as the rhymes started appearing, the poem started to severely stagger in my mind... the image was still constant, but the stronger rhyme scheme broke the flow and all but crippled the wonderful echo that seemed to be resonating in the first lines of your poem.  And... it kind of frustrated me. ^^;  I just thought that I'd mention that...

Overall, the poem gave an image that was very realistic, but the little signature that you have about writing what you feel seemed to hurt the poem, because the rhymes made the poem echo less and made it harder for the reader to feel what you wanted to say... you may have written what you felt, but getting the reader to feel what you felt is really dependent on maintaining echo and a pretty flow. ^_^

Anyways, I just thought that I'd say that I liked your poem and I enjoyed it as a piece overall, but my favorite part stands as the beginning, and the ending itself seems to gain slightly less favor... of course, that's just me, and I'm one out of many thousand poets. ^_^  Prolly someone else will give you a different opinion.

- holatuwol

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
3 posted 2001-06-01 03:20 AM

Ah Doctors...Phewy to them! I know how you feel about them doing nothing. I can count how many I've had on two hands and still nothing has improved. I'm sorry to hear about your battle with depression by the way. *hugs* to you.  
I could really connect with everything you have said in here.
Well done. Oh and PLEASE don't put please read in your title. You should know by now that it's not the way to go.

~AF~

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved."
-Van Kaam

little_krazy_poet
since 2001-05-28
Posts 41

4 posted 2001-06-02 03:28 AM

holatuwol: thanks for that i do get what your trying to say thanks for the and i'll put that to use on the rast of my poems

AF:  yes you've told me that in the past but this one was really inportant to me and i wanted ppl read and comment on so i'll stop doing that.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-06-02 03:31 AM

Well done on this one. I dislike dr's. They annoy me with their ever so contradicting theories on what is wrong with you. Get two doctors and nothing will be the same.....either you got cancer, or you got gas. I mean geesh. I did like this poem though. You expressed this one very well. And I know you were talkin about psychological dr's....but I just felt like commenting on DR's....the medical kind...oh well  
Well done on the poem!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2001-06-03 01:55 AM

Wonderful poem...absolutely wonderful!!!!!

stace_co2003
since 2001-03-30
Posts 497
In a dream world
7 posted 2001-06-08 11:50 AM

I liked it, but I agree with holatuwol on all of his points.

keep writing

I'm just glad that now this rainstorm has ended, and I can see the rainbow once again.

DarkAngelOfTheStars
since 2001-04-21
Posts 255

8 posted 2001-06-08 02:42 PM

i loved this great job! hope everything gets better for ya

Dont knock on deaths door ...... ring the bell and run......he hates that

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » 6 months (pls read)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary