navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » What If I died? (pleaze read!!)
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic What If I died? (pleaze read!!) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HeAvEnS AnGeL
since 2001-05-17
Posts 168
The Hot Girl From Canada

0 posted 2001-06-01 12:59 PM

"What's that mom?"
"Oh, yah I took my pills."
I rub my sides,
Hoping the pain will go away.
"Why did I have to become diabetic?"
I ask myself silently.
"And why is it that my kidneys are failing?"
Once again I rub my sides.
I am only sixteen!
Why Should I have to worry about pills?
And about my blood sugar?
I should be partying,
And having fun with my friends,
Going to school,
Not spending countless days in the hospital.
But that's where I am,
Day after day,
Wishing all this stuff would just go away.
I am a cheerleader!
But sometimes I can't even cheer.
So I watch from afar,
Rubbing my sides,
Wishing I had the answers,
But only god knows why.
So before you hate someone,
Or ever make fun.
Think of the pain and hurt,
That this person could be going through,
And you would never know,
Untill the day they died.
And then how would you feel?

I wrote this poem because I am very sick as it states in this poem.  People have spread rumors about me in the past and other stupid things and I just wanted everyone to think about a situation... What would you feel if you made fun of a person and the next day they died?  Don't ever hate or discriminate!  Love everyone just like you want everyone to love you  

Don't judge a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes, this way your a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.

© Copyright 2001 Ashley - All Rights Reserved
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
1 posted 2001-06-01 01:05 AM

*hugs*

Ashley, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be in your situation so I won't try to say things I have no idea about. What I will say is that I hope you stay strong and keep your head up.

Your poem expresses quite a bit of pain. Hopefully in writting this you have gotten rid of some of it.

~AF~

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved."
-Van Kaam

little_krazy_poet
since 2001-05-28
Posts 41

2 posted 2001-06-01 01:07 AM

i like it i know how you feel.  other than the depression i have well a condishion i'd rather not say,  but i'm mane fun of at school for it.  well keep up the good work
cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
3 posted 2001-06-01 01:08 AM

great poem ashely..i enjoyed reading it and reflecting upon what you said at the end...my mothers a diabetic...but she controls it by her diet...she gets frustrated and upset when she knows that she cant have that last piece of sweet stuff that shes carving for...my uncle died recently from years of complications resulting from diabeties...it was horrible watching him deteriorate and oftentimes he felt like giving up..im glad you wrote this poem ...it is tough when youre sick...especially sumthing which seems uncontrollable in your case. i hope youre feeling better at the moment.. ...be well.

"Life is not long and boring,
it's short and compelling." -Javier Agosto-

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

4 posted 2001-06-01 01:20 AM

i'm going thru a illness also thats gotton me to take pills etc...but i'm on my way to be healed etc...hope you get better and this was well written on this situation...its sad...stay strong,ashley ...bye

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 06-01-2001).]

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
5 posted 2001-06-01 08:27 AM

I know how you feel, not about being sick and stuff, but about making fun of ppl and them dying and stuff.  My friend Marie said some pretty horrible things about someone, stuff I can't write here on passions without these * things, and Jesica ended up dying because her ex-stepfather killed her.  Anyways, I'm sorry you are sick.  I'm fourteen, both of my grandparents are diabetic and there's a chance I could be too.

I know you're in a better place and though I cannot see your face, I know you're smiling down on me, saying everything's okay. ~R Kelly (I wish)

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
6 posted 2001-06-01 12:50 PM

*hugs*  You're the greatest, Ashley.  I don't tell you that often enough, I'm sorry.  
You know that you can pull through this, you are a very strong person.  What your pain has done for you is teach you compassion, so in a way you should be grateful to have learned this, should you not?
If you can spread your message about the world then people will remember you with a smile, if you do die.
Two words of advice on the poem itself -
1.  I don't read "please read" posts.  And there are a lot of people who are the same... so keep that in mind.  
2.  I think the title should be "rubbing my sides."  That was a great piece of symbolism that should be magnified.  
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

HeAvEnS AnGeL
since 2001-05-17
Posts 168
The Hot Girl From Canada
7 posted 2001-06-01 03:07 PM

Thanks for the comfort everyone I know I can pull through this, I just need a little help.
Allan, I will keep the "Pleaze read" thing in my head lol and thanks for complimenting me it made me feel a lot better. Luv yah all

Don't judge a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes, this way your a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
8 posted 2001-06-01 04:14 PM

ashley,
hey this was a really good poem. =) sorry about your situation.  i know you'll get through it.  people can be really mean sometimes, but you just gotta ignore them.  i don't pray all that much, but i'll make an exception for you.  hope you get well =)
-fear-

DarkAngelOfTheStars
since 2001-04-21
Posts 255

9 posted 2001-06-01 06:23 PM

*hugz*  i liked the poem especially how it kinda says dont talk about people cuz you never know what they are or have went through....i love it and i just wanted to tell you that i know a 7 year old boy who is diabetic that goes to my school (i go to a private school) and i have to go downstairs everday and bring him up to his mom so she can check his blood sugar.....or something but anyways i think you people are very strong to be going through what you are    

Dont knock on deaths door ...... ring the bell and run......he hates that

obscurity of cloud
since 2001-05-11
Posts 294
....:::::******:::::....
10 posted 2001-06-01 10:36 PM

This is really touching.  Your point is very well expressed and i take this very seriously.  Wonderful work.

"so when at times the mob is swayed to carry praise or blame too far, we may choose something like a star" --Frost

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
11 posted 2001-06-01 11:10 PM

life can throw us some pretty rotten deals....but you'd be suprised why....we aren't always given the answer to why right away...but it comes....maybe you are an angel and here to teach compassion   yes, I think you are    ( your name happens to be perfect) thank you for this beautiful heart felt poem...I hope you don't mind if I tuck it into my library    ~SEA
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
12 posted 2001-06-02 02:50 PM

Well done....Ashley, very heart felt. Wow.... you explained your situation well and I hope all goes well with you. Wonderful poem Ash....I enjoyed it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
13 posted 2001-06-03 12:11 PM

i am speechless but i will bump this to the top because you have made an excellent poem and i hope that this poem will touch more people as it has touched me...
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
14 posted 2001-06-03 12:20 PM

i too am speechless....i really dont know what to say but ::hugs::..i have no idea what your going through so i am not for a minute pretend that i even am close to understanding how hard it must be but i do admire you for your strength...great poem and im bumpin this to the top cuz i want everyone to read it  
stace_co2003
since 2001-03-30
Posts 497
In a dream world
15 posted 2001-06-08 11:29 AM

awwww, sorry I'm late....

*hugs*

I like this poem. it's really sweet cuz it's got such a strong message in it.

I'm just glad that now this rainstorm has ended, and I can see the rainbow once again.

Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA
16 posted 2001-06-09 04:26 AM

Truly a wonderful poem!  It's always hard to be different whether it be a sickness or a disability.  I understand how you feel when you really want to be out there doing things you used to do but then realize that you can no longer do them. A wonderful expression of both pain and strength showing through.  I'm always here to talk to I enjoy listening.

*that what does not kill us makes us stronger!*

*Everyone can deal with pain in their own way, some things are just harder than others!*

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

17 posted 2001-06-10 11:50 PM

True for everyone
Bel

Linc
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-07
Posts 552
The Backstreet Boy
18 posted 2001-06-11 12:00 PM

Hey,

Now most of the time I don't like to read posts with "(please read)" because as wize man once told me that it seems that the poet feels his/her work is more important than the other poets. But in this case I had to read it, and I love the poem but not the situation. I am sorry you have to go through this   keep fighting. Until your next poem

-- Linc

"Once you reach your original goal it seems that the journey was your real accomplishment."

Dana Samples
since 2001-04-07
Posts 68

19 posted 2001-06-12 12:28 PM

WOW!! i loved it! *hugs and kisses* i love the point it brings. i hope you are doing better. i'd hate for any thing to happen to you. i'm sending my love and prayers to you.
love always, dana

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

20 posted 2001-06-12 12:53 PM

This is a very powerful piece of writing.  Sometimes life is the most unfair and unforgiving thing.  You've written this poem with quite a lot of power and conviction.  

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » What If I died? (pleaze read!!)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary