navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Smile!
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Smile! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HeAvEnS AnGeL
since 2001-05-17
Posts 168
The Hot Girl From Canada

0 posted 2001-05-29 12:07 PM

I woke up this morning,
With the sun in my eyes.
I looked at the ceiling and smiled,
For once I smiled instead of cryed.

Bad things may happen,
To everyone on earth.
But your on a life plan,
That was destined at birth.

Mistakes will be made,
And you will love and loose.
In life you will fall down,
That fall might leave a bruise.

But after time,
That bruise will heal.
And then you'll be ready
For the next problem life deals.

So When somthing bad happens,
Smile instead of cry.
Don't dwell on the past,
Don't wish you would die.

There is so much more,
In life that you must see.
Tell the world how you feel,
Let your feelings free.

So live life to the fullest,
And always speak your mind.
Don't ever hate people,
To everyone be kind.

I wrote this poem because I see too many people hurting about things that have happend in the past.  Now just like Jeff's poem I want everyone who reads this to tell me a problem they would like to overcome so I can write a poem for my school yearbook.  So please give me your input!

Don't judge a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes, this way your a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.

© Copyright 2001 Ashley - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-05-29 01:01 AM

inspring poem...this was a great perspective on life  ...well written...and one thing i want to overcome is "the scars in my heart"...hope to see how it comes out  ...keep writing ...?

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 05-29-2001).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-05-29 02:34 AM

I enjoyed this poem. You wrote this poem for a good cause. Very well done.
My problem.......I'd like to overcome my broken heart.....although it's commenced to mend, within the next few weeks it's bound to tear once again and I know i'll need all the help humanly possible to stay breathing  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
3 posted 2001-05-30 06:43 AM

Sometimes it is hard to let go of the past especially when it haunts your present.
Anyhoo, it's a really positive piece and for that, I commend your efforts. There are some things I would like to overcome but I'd rather not mention them here.

Good job on this.  

~AF~

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved."
-Van Kaam

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2001-06-02 05:17 PM

A beautiful message endowed on all of us
Excellent work my friend and I do hope you grace us more with such meaning in life
thanks for the wonderful and uplifting read
keep it up and keep sharing
~*applauds*~

I'm so sorry for doubting you Kit ... please forgive me!!!!

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
5 posted 2001-06-02 05:25 PM

Your poem is really awsome and I understand everything you are saying.For the last 3 years I have lived let the past effect how I am today, but lately I have realized I can't live in the past anymore.Because what has happened I can't change and I can't go back so I might as well enjoy now, but never forget what has happened.
   Lauren

Ski*Chick
since 2001-01-13
Posts 141
Fitchburg, Mass, Usa
6 posted 2001-06-02 07:43 PM

thats so true, just because i have i have a disability doesn't mean i have to be sad all the time. i really think you should put that in your year book, because it would show people to be happy but they can be sad sometimes. thank you for sharing this poem with us   Minna  

Learning how to walk, Learning how to talk, are the hardest thing to do in a baby life. Learning how to walk for me is the hardest thing to do.

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
7 posted 2001-06-02 08:35 PM

great poem. i like it. one problem i would like to overcome is that i tend to cling on to things (whether it's someone, or an event that happened to me) and not just "let it go" lol i mean a lot of people do it but i do it really bad.

Valerie

Why do you do what u do to me baby...you know if I could I'd do anything for you, please don't ignore me cause you know I adore you

HeAvEnS AnGeL
since 2001-05-17
Posts 168
The Hot Girl From Canada
8 posted 2001-06-03 01:09 AM

Hey everyone thanks for the replys i am trying to start on my new poem but I dont have enough replys yet so i gotta keep waitin

Don't judge a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes, this way your a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
9 posted 2001-06-03 11:17 PM

Loving too much....giving too much of my heart away.........( I loved this poem )  
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

10 posted 2001-06-08 06:17 PM

more reads...MORE!

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
11 posted 2001-06-11 11:47 AM

I enjoyed this...it really gave me a sense of hope that tomorrow will bring a brighter day   Nice job here..
Shygirl82
since 2001-02-19
Posts 245
Ilinois
12 posted 2001-06-11 04:38 PM

I really like this poem...
"Mistakes will be made,And you will love and loose.
In life you will fall down,
That fall might leave a bruise."
That really hit home with me...thanks for sharing..and yeah this poem did make me smile...
Always,
~Nikki~

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
13 posted 2001-06-11 05:18 PM

*click* into the library! I knew there was a reason I came here today!  Anyway, excellent poem. I really, really, really, really like it. I think I'll print it out and put it in my room or something. You really want to know a problem? I would REALLY like to get over my lying ex who tries to avoid hurting my by avoiding the truth. He's a nice guy, but he's making my head ache. Sadly though, I'm still head over heels for him...
anyways, once again, excellent poem!!
Rhonda

"Who did that?" "Charlie and Blake." "Who's Charlie and Blake?" "Rhonda and Amy."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Smile!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary