navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » No title for this one, as with most of my poems!
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic No title for this one, as with most of my poems! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sparkie4PLUR
since 2001-05-03
Posts 8

0 posted 2001-05-27 05:13 PM

I wrote this poem in about the most depressing time of my life. I had just gotten out of a 4 month residential treatment program and there was a lot of crap going around about me, a lot that wasn't true, but some that was. I felt like just dying, I quit school, and ran away for 4 months. Happy to say I am out of that STATE now for the better and doing a LOT better  

Mascara Flavored Tears
So many unerasable mistakes
Mistakes that I pay for everyday
People can be so (edit) cruel
Confusion, Embarassment, Unimaginable insecurities
Shame, Hopelessness, uncertainty
Slowly devouring my exposed body
Sleep -- my only escape
Dreading daybreak
Welcome to another pathetic day
Can someone please end this obsolete existence?
Impossible

PLUR
Sparkie
"The music will never stop, the heartbeat will never fade, the party will never end."

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (edited 05-28-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Sparkie4PLUR - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-05-27 06:42 PM

enmotional..yet written so powerful in its short ways...graet job and i did relate to this poem as i went some of the same circumstances in my life...and hope to see more soon ...?

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 05-27-2001).]

HeAvEnS AnGeL
since 2001-05-17
Posts 168
The Hot Girl From Canada
2 posted 2001-05-27 08:11 PM

All I can Say is wow!  As Albert already stated this was a very powerful poem, and I know just how you feel.  I just wrote and posted a poem about people saying harsh things but the thing to remember is that if you did nothing wrong then there is nothing to get upset about.  As long as the people who really do care are with you thats all that should count becoz the others who talk about you behind your back are just a waiste of your time hunny    Keep smiling  

Don't judge a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes, this way your a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.

fozzyozzy
since 2001-03-15
Posts 336
Lessburg Virginia
3 posted 2001-05-27 10:13 PM

I don't think I had the opportunity to welcome you to passions. So here goes. Welcome.  With that out the way.  Beautiful poem. I'm happy for you that at least some the crap got sorted out. I liked the last two lines.

"The heart can think of no devotion
Greater than being shore to ocean
Holding the curve of one position
Counting an endless repetition"
Robert Fr

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-05-28 01:18 AM

I liked this poem and I see that you went through a pretty rough time. I edited out a word that was vulgar, but the rest of the poem was great. I enjoyed it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
5 posted 2001-05-28 10:42 AM

Wow a very powerful poem, Well done and I hope to see more of your work in the future... glad to hear things are getting better  
Zu

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
6 posted 2001-05-28 12:30 PM

just curious...why don't you title your poems??

i related strongly to this one...reminds me of those depression periods i suffered through..

but hey what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right??

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
7 posted 2001-05-28 12:47 PM

Depression is the worst thing on the face of this earth. I'm happy for you that you came out of it. Your piece explains so much of this pain. It is very easy to connect with.

Thanks for the read.  

~AF~

Know what you want. Become your real self.
~ David Harold Fink ~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » No title for this one, as with most of my poems!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary