navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » visual shot
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic visual shot Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore

0 posted 2001-05-24 01:31 PM

Like a porcelain vase
smashed to bits and pieces

Cotton pillows
spread their dominance
over the sky and my sight

Like grassland swaying in the wind

These sky waves
surge forward
Splashing over casually
they erode away ill impurities,
leaving behind contentment

Like a multi-storeyed pagoda

These layered clouds
leave me spell-bound
open-mouthed
blank-minded

gasping for words
to adequately describe them

© Copyright 2001 heng kaile - All Rights Reserved
Allan Riverwood
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
1 posted 2001-05-24 01:40 PM

Heya Faterider.     Posting something for us whippersnappers, I see?
First of all, I love the use of similies in here... how they were isolated from the rest of the poem by being solitary lines or sets of lines, not parts of the stanzas.  I thought this really improved the impact created by them, I have to praise that aspect of the poem.
Spacing and breaks in this poem add a lot to the flow and the feel of it... and that's what I appreciated most about it.
I also liked the second to last stanza, how it utilized hyphenated words in sequence.  Very clever.
I'd have to say that the writing in here is not what makes it shine, rather the organization of breaks and spacing, how you built this.  Suffice it to say the writing is good, but the formatting is magnificent.
Well done.
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

DarkSilver
since 2001-05-21
Posts 33
Six O'clock High!
2 posted 2001-05-24 02:27 PM

I liked the imagery in this it was a beautiful scene, and you described it well enough that the images were easily seen in my mind.

It doesn't matter who you are only who you serve. - Draken O'Larn, the Starwarrior Saga

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

3 posted 2001-05-24 04:04 PM

this was nice...i enjoyed the imagery a lot...thanks for the read and hope to see more... ...?

if i die before i wake , i pray the lord my soul will take-"when thugs cry"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-05-24 04:57 PM

Welcome back!!!! It's so good to see your poetry up again. I really liked this one and I hope to see more from you!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

kaile
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
5 posted 2001-05-24 10:18 PM

Allan, your reply left me open-mouthed...that this is coming from a person who is not afraid to speak his mind when there are improvements to be made makes me feel like i have SCORED!!

i appreciate your kind words....it makes writing worthwhile  

DarkSilver, albert, im glad you enjoyed...imagery is a hard technique for me to apply so im glad i have succeeded with this one

javier, be wary...i may stay in teens for a while and pull off a few stunts...watch out for me....

[This message has been edited by faterider (edited 05-24-2001).]

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
6 posted 2001-05-25 05:29 AM

Mmm... I'd have to agree with Allan there, your timing is pretty good in this! Everything is so precisely placed, yet it feels so relaxed, and beautiful.. I think THAT'S what a good poet is.. someone who can make words speak. This poem speaks.. I mean hell, it almost breaths on it's own with a mood like that..   I enjoyed this. You must have had a great time. Nice one fate  

Oh yeah, what's a 'pagoda'?

PS Welcome back from Vietnam
Luv,
Lynne

“A poem is a tiny piece of the poets soul; on paper.”

[This message has been edited by Yu Lan (edited 05-25-2001).]

kaile
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
7 posted 2003-03-17 12:21 PM

hmmm, thinking of submitting this for Reflections
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » visual shot

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary