navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » why write
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic why write Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Godsend_1
since 2001-04-19
Posts 247
great state of illinois

0 posted 2001-05-22 06:27 PM

why write
when all i feel is pain
all i need is love
but all i get is hurt

why write
when all i do is cry
all i want is death
and all i get is pain

why write
about death
when you are writing about your want
and pain
when you are writing about you life

why write
when all you think
and dream
and desire
and need
and yearn for is death

so tell me why write
when you wish you were dead?

i am what i am and that is all that i am and all that i shall ever be..so deal with it
to make the world the greatest place is the perfect dream in

© Copyright 2001 Ben Redshaw - All Rights Reserved
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
1 posted 2001-05-22 07:22 PM

Every person goes thru that feeling.  
The question is are you prove to yourself that you are better than this and bounce back up.  Why do we write?  Maybe cause we know it actually helps us rid of the hurtful feelings.  I know that's why I write.  So, be strong, keep writing, and one day you'll find the love you deserve.  

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee."  W.S.

lonely*soul
since 2001-04-05
Posts 396
east haddam (moodus) ct :)
2 posted 2001-05-22 07:26 PM

why write??  if y gots all that hurt, it helps it go away   and i think ya already know the answer considering your wirting right now  
           *KiMMiE*

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

3 posted 2001-05-22 07:27 PM

Why do we write? Well, everyone has different reasons, but the one universal reason is to express our feelings. From poetry to fiction, everything we write has a piece of ourselves in it. When we have hard times, like you seem to be having, it's more important to keep writing. It's a healthy way of expressing those tough emotions, and it also helps to remind you of who you really are under all of the sadness. Anyway, these feelings are expressed well. I hope you keep writing.

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
4 posted 2001-05-22 08:57 PM

ben you better not die on me hun! who am i gonna have to talk to when i'm all sad? or............heehehe! well anyways cherr up hun!
robin

I AM WHAT I AM SO DEAL!

AngelPoet87
since 2001-04-21
Posts 280
Indy
5 posted 2001-05-22 09:23 PM

Wow, I'm.... touched. Well now I really need to talk to you. I'm not going to go on and on over here, so we will discuss this there. Luv ya.
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-05-22 09:31 PM

Well done on the poem, get better.....write....write...cuz it's better than dying.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

7 posted 2001-05-23 02:18 AM

this is true and real...and u put it well...but see u gotta see thatw riting actually helps...well it does to me...even tho u discover all the pain and hurt u might find...its the first step of healing...and i think thats important of me as a poet to write...anyways...i liked this made me think...hehe...cya ben...and keep writing... ...?

if i die before i wake , i pray the lord my soul will take-"when thugs cry"

That girl Megz cant write
since 2001-04-29
Posts 7
State: Confusion
8 posted 2001-05-23 04:28 PM

'eY Ben-O! WeLL I am talking to you right now, so I don't reaLLy have much to say...but keEp on writing...and I luv ya...and you are awesome...and...don't forget "when you are sad...HUG ME"   hehe... Luv ya!!!! *Megz*
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
9 posted 2001-05-24 02:42 PM

WHy write?? Cuz it helps get feelings and emotions out in a way that speaking never could. Try to stay positive and keep your head up..we're all here for you and keep writing!
DarkSilver
since 2001-05-21
Posts 33
Six O'clock High!
10 posted 2001-05-24 03:43 PM

I have a theory on a spiritual reasoning behind why human beings write.
it's probably a little under done and oversimplified though.

It doesn't matter who you are only who you serve. - Draken O'Larn, the Starwarrior Saga

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » why write

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary