navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » .....?\"all i see..."
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic .....?\"all i see..." Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

0 posted 2001-05-08 02:23 AM

i was tired of seein' so many ignorant people everywhere not acknowledgin' their ignorance & i wrote a quick poem & this isnt implyin' 2 u but if u think it is then it probably is...

must you think you are that great
not knowing the other person might have you as a bait
cause you are nothing but a conceited fool
that lives by knowledge on its own rule
thinking you are smarter then another
which all i see is you trying to give advices to others
as always at the end you are the wrong in heart
cause i knew it from the start
as you see yourself knowing anything
about almost everything
which all i see is you trying to act smart
then the only thing left to see is...by your mouth you depart
so can you acknowledge this is true
cause these words of wisdom is for you!

and in this poe the "you" was implied 2 the ignorant peeps...

i just felt like writing one for them...but i saw so many in society as some people sayin' stuff on the way i spell things that r only my style tellin' me 2 go back 2 elementary etc(too much anger tho )

...?

if i die before i wake , i pray the lord my soul will take-"when thugs cry"

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 05-08-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 ALBY - All Rights Reserved
cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
1 posted 2001-05-08 04:35 AM

hey alberta.....you sound like you need a hug
*hugs alberta tight*
you know i sumtimes feel intimidated reading the "advice" of other ppl in this site and.....i have to admit that it overwhelmes me at times.
but you have to also realise that ppl do mean WELL when they try and help out others by imparting sum of their "wisdom"...ok yeah it may seem pompousassed at times but you gotta live with it  
in all honesty i liked this poem cuz it confronts sumthing that ppl wouldnt normally want to....great job alberta (hehhehe..you know im kidding right?   )

"Life is not long and boring,
it's short and compelling." -Javier Agosto-

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-05-08 09:18 AM

Yeah Albert, I think it's important that you know people aren't trying to be mean, they are just trying to help you out.     Nothing wrong with that.
I wonder if the poem was talking about me.... so I guess it probably was.  
Even so, it was short and very quickly-written, obviously, but you got your point across.  
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

3 posted 2001-05-08 10:04 AM

no no no.....this was written for the people i see in this world...that thinks they have all the knowledge...when i see them all i see is nohing but their ignorance...thinking they are smart trying to think they smart...flaunting what they dont have or do have...etc..this wasnt written for anybody in pip....it might affect some peoples but it wasnt...my apologies...no no allan...and cherish its true with what you said...but my advices in this poem was meant on..."life"...not on poetry tho...well..thanks for reading and...i'll write better poems....i was just angry at the time i wrote this and was written on some point...but lost emotions on somethings...but my main point of sharing this was the realization of what reality has come...and by peoples advices on poetry..." which i love"...but the advices i refer is on again "life"...and everything that comes with it anything related to poetry..." which i love"...also i'm not the victim of smart but just tired of seeing it all the time there are things we cant change but i thought if  i cant change it why not let them listen to change for themselves..and the part where i wrote "have you as a bait"...means that they other person might be much smarter then you...anyways...and cherish i got you there .. hehe...cya~

...?

if i die before i wake , i pray the lord my soul will take-"when thugs cry"

banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
4 posted 2001-05-08 12:58 PM

ignorant people who are ignorant of their own ignorance have a tendency to get under my skin too    you definetely got across a clear message in this, the writing was very expressive and i enjoyed the read.  keep posting all your work.

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

lonely*soul
since 2001-04-05
Posts 396
east haddam (moodus) ct :)
5 posted 2001-05-08 08:07 PM

ignorant ppl suck~~!!!  lol  anwyas i really liked that poem...its so easy to relate to stuff you see everyday!  
      *KiMMiE*

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
6 posted 2001-05-08 08:55 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *light bulb goes off in cherishes head*
hehehehe...i get you alberta...i DO!..and i think you have a very valid point when you say:
i cant change it why not let them listen to change for themselves.
that is so true especially when it comes to poetry..well i think of it that way...and i too dislike ( i had 'hate' but i dont think that i hate them ) ppl who think that they are smarter then the next and underestimate the abilties of others...i dont know but theres sumthing about ppl who behave in such arrogant manners that makes me want to pull my hair out and scream ( see you get that from going to uni and realising that there are ppl around you who are walking thesis-es )...but then no one should undermine their OWN abilities and but just hope to achieve the best in what they do.
oh well...i hope you have achieved what you wanted with yer poem alberta...even tho it wasnt directed to anybods here....
just a suggestion then...print it out and stick it on a bus or on the door of yer local library hehehehhee...or even write it out on the back of a toilet door!!!  

"Life is not long and boring,
it's short and compelling." -Javier Agosto-

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

7 posted 2001-05-08 09:17 PM

everyone-.....................thanks for your replys so far..guys~

and cherish-
yoooou~ hehe thanks for your opinions...it was very interestin' to look into the blub in your head

vixengrl04
since 2001-04-26
Posts 495
East Haddam, CT
8 posted 2001-05-09 09:42 AM

This is good, I too despise the ppl in the world who think they are the ****, and they really dont know anything.  Good work.  

~*Nikki*~

~*Of all the millions of people in the world, I'm just me.*~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2001-05-11 12:07 PM

You just had to let it out didn't ya  
Well, I love the way you wrote it
Not too rude, but still on the point
good job

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee."  W.S.

broken wing
since 2001-04-30
Posts 37

10 posted 2001-05-11 12:29 PM

AMEN!

"The sun in your eyes made some of the lies worth believing."

"To me, fair friend, u never can be old,
For as u were when first your eye I eyed,
Such seems ur beauty still. ~W.S.

[This message has been edited by broken wing (edited 05-11-2001).]

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
11 posted 2001-05-11 12:34 PM

Great job on this

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle" Plato.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
12 posted 2001-05-16 01:30 AM

Well done.....just a tip that annoyed me a bit......last line....change the word IS to ARE.....Yea that's right, i'm  correcting yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta problem?!?!  
anyhow, it was a good job pointing this out because people who believe they are wise, yet live within this false reality of intellect can really make the true thinkers (not sayin i'm one or not) look bad.
I enjoyed your view point, and hope to see more!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » .....?\"all i see..."

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary