navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » In Memory of Lynzy Rose: 7/5/83-3/19/01
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic In Memory of Lynzy Rose: 7/5/83-3/19/01 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Suga_Baby
since 2000-08-06
Posts 380
Maine, USA

0 posted 2001-05-05 05:14 PM

Ok this is going to be LONG... There's some stuff you need to know before you read the poem. This is sort of like my confession, so here goes. Lynzy was born with a heart deffect and she struggled all her life. When I came to my town in 5th grade, she was one of my first friends and we were really close. But, as my friends and I got older, we started to get REAL snobby and we didn't want to be friends with her anymore-- we wanted to kick her out of the "group" and I was the one who got volunteered to deliver the letter. For the next 2 years we hated each other, and when H.S. came, we got to be friends again, talking at our lockers and on the cheering bus and stuff. We weren't very close, though. I made fun of her behind her back because she wasn't a very good cheerleader (her condition affected her ability to excel, I guess). Last January, I think it was, she went in for heart surgery. This was the big one-- it was supposed to make her all better. But, she struggled for a LONG time in that hospital and she didn't pull through. I never got to tell her I was sorry for all the things I had done. Anyhow, this is my tribute to Lynzy and the wonderful girl and bright, determined cheerleader she was...
Note: this isn't the original... it's been re-done to say what I really wanted it to say... the first one was a quickie.

~*In Memory Of Lynzy Rose*~

Why did He take you away?
You were too young to die.
Tears stream down my cheeks
as the pain burns deep inside.

But, your pain is finally gone;
Your struggle has come to an end.
We’ll miss you on the team next year,
our smiling happy friend.

All I can say now is
I am sorry for the pain I caused you.
If I’d known this day would come,
I would have stopped to think it through.

How could I have done that?
You were sweet and oh so kind.
Ever since the day you left,
the guilt has been on my mind.

But now that you know I’m sorry,
I guess I will see you around...
Because I know that from Heaven,
you’ll be watching down.

You’ll be up there cheering with us
smiling and yelling so loud...
Watching down over your team,
so spirited and so proud.

Because you’re our cheerleader angel,
in the Heavens high above.
And as we mourn your loss, my friend,
we’re sending you our love.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes while you are fast asleep."

[This message has been edited by Suga_Baby (edited 05-05-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Sara - All Rights Reserved
knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
1 posted 2001-05-05 05:19 PM

*hugs* this is a wonderful tribute hun. im sure she knows that ur sorry and that ur forgiven. you showed your emotions wonderfully in this poem. my heart is with you! hope all goes well.

tiff

“A single choice can build destinies,or destroy them.”

U in the dark u in the pain u on the run
Living a hell living ur ghost living ur hell

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-05-05 05:38 PM

It takes a lot of courage to admit that you were wrong in situations like this, but I hope that you have learned something from this.  
Don't wait until the person is already gone before you tell them you are sorry... think about the people today that you know who might be gone tomorrow.  Maybe you have some loose ends yet to tie up...
I speak from experience as well... and I applaud you in taking this first step.  
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

lonely*soul
since 2001-04-05
Posts 396
east haddam (moodus) ct :)
3 posted 2001-05-05 05:41 PM

**hugs**  im srry, these kinda things happen, but im sure your forgiven..even if she cant tell you that...   shes still here in spirit
           *KiM*

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
4 posted 2001-05-05 07:27 PM

Sara sweetie it's okay *big hug* this was very good. it made me cry. but you are right, she is up there cheering and screaming even LOUDER and and she's jumping HIGHER then ever before because she is okay. She send her love and i know she's up there with my aunt lookin over all of us.  

Love,

Valerie

Why do you do what u do to me baby...you know if I could I'd do anything for you, please don't ignore me cause you know I adore you

JBaker515
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-02-28
Posts 458
Dartmouth College
5 posted 2001-05-05 07:49 PM

Sara-
the poem was great..
I just had a friend die 2 weeks ago in a car crash, and it was tough.  You just have to move on and keep going.  It is sad, i wrote 2 poems about BEN if you want to read them, they are in here somewhere, probobly on page 2 or 3, but point is here, that Death is tough, and you move on.
good Luck

_Jeff  

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-05-06 02:31 AM

This was a wonderful tribute and i think it's sad you realized what you did wrong after she was gone. I mean, i'm sure you knew it was wrong at the time but didn't say sorry because...well for your own reasons...but death isn't something that should make you think "aw man i did this and NOW i'm sorry".....she's in a better place....and i am more than sure she was so much more than just a cheerleader....my condolences to you  and to all the people there.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
7 posted 2001-05-06 12:25 PM

wow, this is a beautiful tribute to your friend.  It's very sad, and brought tears to my eyes.  It's very hard to lose someone close to you.  I'm sorry you had to write this.  It's very admirable to admit that you were wrong and say you're sorry.  Although I'm sorry that you couldn't have said it her face to face.  I hope this serves as closure for you somewhat.     *hugs*  This is such a beautiful piece.  What makes it much more beautiful is that it's obviousl written right from the heart.  Just know that Lynzy is in a much better place now  
Thanks so much for sharing.  It's going in my library.

--Marie

Don't ever be someone's slogan, because you are poetry.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » In Memory of Lynzy Rose: 7/5/83-3/19/01

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary