navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » My little boy
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic My little boy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JCGF
since 2001-01-19
Posts 72
MA

0 posted 2001-03-05 05:03 PM

Your little hand
Just touched my face,
With warmth and love
I could never replace

When I felt sad
And I felt blue
Those feelings diminished
As I looked at you.

Your love is innocent
It’s not pretend
My love for you
Will never end

My mind sometimes travels
To an un easy place
I’m supposed to protect you
Yet you make ME feel safe

When you we’re born
I knew I was blessed
God sent me an angel
Since then, I can rest

I watch you grow everyday
I can’t imagine not watching you play
A man too soon you will be, I know this is true
To me, your mother, you’ll always be you.

You are my life
You are my joy
Forever, you will be
My little boy
This poem is dedicated to my 4 yr old son Eric Hiltz Jr.

I love you!

[This message has been edited by JCGF (edited 03-07-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Tammy - All Rights Reserved
jellybeans
Member Elite
since 2000-10-13
Posts 2298

1 posted 2001-03-05 05:47 PM

this is precious.....I watched mine grow with the same feelings, and now I have my grandson, it never changes...and lets hope it never does.....sigh.....nice writing
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
2 posted 2001-03-06 01:11 AM

tammy-
i adored this! i dont have kids of
my own but i know from watching over
my sisters and others, that kids sure
do grow up fast!! we gotta cherish the
short and precious time we have! this
was just so darling!

take care
amy

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart & can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
3 posted 2001-03-06 01:15 AM

Oh yes.....
This is awesome.
I have a "little boy" of my own.

Precious gifts aren't they.

Thanks for the smiles

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
4 posted 2001-03-06 01:17 AM

Dear one, this is a most precious piece. Having a child around is amazingly comforting. We do become so much braver for them. They make us feel safer just because we act stronger and then I think we begin to believe it, at least a little bit.
I really enjoyed reading this one.

JCGF
since 2001-01-19
Posts 72
MA
5 posted 2001-03-06 01:37 PM

Jellybeans, I'd like to say thank you for your reply. Time sure does fly, doesn't it. I can't even believe how quick the first four years have gone by. Thanks again.

Vas, Amy and Sheri, your replys mean more than you know. At this point in my life, I am going through a tough time and the other night my son (Eric) gently put his hand on my face and said "mommy, I love you" at that moment, all the hurt and fear I was feeling simply was gone. That moment inspired this poem. Thanks again all. BIG HUGS

Mother_Earth
since 2000-11-20
Posts 1370
1/2 year Texas & 1/2 year Michigan
6 posted 2001-03-06 02:18 PM

JCGF, I felt this more than you can ever know and I really needed your words. I had a year of deep depression and didn't "feel" anything. The doctors said it couldn't be done, but it is a place I hope never to go back to. My 3 or 4 year old daughter climbed onto my lap and said Mommy, I love you. It broke the dam I had built and all the hurts came in, but those words from a child saved my life. This was 40 years ago, but it lives in my heart as yesterday. Isn't God great to let us borrow his little children? I love this and am sure you will always remember those words from your son.
Hugs, ME

slice
since 2001-03-07
Posts 1

7 posted 2001-03-07 09:45 PM

Dear Mom,

Thank you so much for that little glimpse of love. The strength you generate from your son's love must be beyond words. You are a beautiful person not only for realizing that but also for reflecting on it and sharing it in this forum. I hope you know that your glimpse of love is giving strength to all who see it. A little love goes a long way, you have certainly helped me. Thank you.

Slice by the stormy sea

JCGF
since 2001-01-19
Posts 72
MA
8 posted 2001-03-07 10:42 PM

Mother_Earth, thank you for your sweet response. It is appreciated more than you know.

Slice, it's readers like you that inspire me writing from my heart. Thank you for the sweet response and you are very welcome. I'm glad I have helped you. Thank you all again.

Hugs,
Tammy

Red-uni
since 2000-07-30
Posts 192
Georgia, USA
9 posted 2001-03-07 11:12 PM

Very sweet poem. Yes, the little ones are so precious. My children are grown, they are still my sweeties...and I have grandchildren who are also my sweeties.
Red

Saunni
since 2000-07-11
Posts 1777
West Virginia
10 posted 2001-03-08 12:29 PM

Aww, this is so sweet...I think our kids give us much more than we could ever say. I have two myself, and without them I am nothing. I sure know how you feel... I have been blessed also. Great poem.

Sauni

Sauni :)
Have you ever known the color grey when the nighttime finds you weak
I have, I've walked that road each time; that's where my angel sleeps

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
11 posted 2001-03-08 12:31 PM

You are so right, I only wish I had that small child to reach up and say those words to me...instead I have a beautiful cat named Sugar, who every morning comes in next to me, rests her body against mine and taps me with her paw when it's time to get up...well she is my child for now...

beautiful poem,JCGF

~Wynter

"The worst prison would be a closed heart".
...Pope John Paul II

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » My little boy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary