navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I AM (Serenity's Challenge)
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic I AM (Serenity's Challenge) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada

0 posted 2001-01-04 10:19 PM

I AM (Serenity's Challenge)

I am me, a woman owned by no one
I wonder everything, loving all life
I hear whispers of magic in the wind
I see visions of pegasus in clouds
I want to fine the mate to my own soul

I pretend to be content all the time
I feel the beat of heart of him I love
I touch his lips with mine with passion's heat
I worry that love will not be for me
I cry when I read sorrow of lost love

I understand unconditional love
I say that there is a soulmate for us all
I dream of sharing all of who I am
I try to give love whereever I can
I hope for all to find love desired

Karen Torbiak 2001 ©

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams.
http://www.voy.com/7622/
http://www.powerpoems.com

© Copyright 2001 Karen Torbiak - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2001-01-05 12:09 PM

owned by no one...I think that's a strong feeling...at the moment I feel bound...and am working on  releasing the bonds..*s  huggzz Startime,
this was a fun challenge, wasn't it..so many diverse responses

~Wynter

"The worst prison would be a closed heart".
...Pope John Paul II

Poeminister
since 2000-02-26
Posts 1862
Regina SK; Canada
2 posted 2001-01-05 12:39 PM

Startime--Beautifully penned and expressed. Enjoyed the read.

Poeminister

CocoBaci
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 3043

3 posted 2001-01-05 12:45 PM

STARTIME, a touching write indeed there are some expressions here I highlight that truly moved me...

I pretend to be content all the time
I cry when I read sorrow of lost love

My dear LadyPoet, your heart is filled with so much love I am honored to have read this poem you write...

Thank you for this delight of read tonite

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
4 posted 2001-01-05 02:06 AM

Beautiful, Startime!  Extremely well done.  Some thoughts there that I wish had been what I'd said. Perhaps we are, we humans, not so different after all, eh?
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2001-01-05 05:39 AM

VERY NICE...and words I aspire to...challenge well met, much applause from the gallery here!!!!
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
6 posted 2001-01-05 05:47 AM

Because you are owned by no one there flows from your heart the most wonderful freedom of expressions of what it means to be free. When you find your soulmate so to speak I hope he realizes that you will still be owned by no one but will share a deep and intimate love together within the freedoms of both.
This is an exceptional honest open and beautiful reply to the challange and I AM glad to have read it!

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
7 posted 2001-01-05 06:17 AM

powerful words....and there is a soulmate for you too indeed...hope that you will meet him soon.

((hugs))
Charisma

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
8 posted 2001-01-05 07:16 AM

like wynter, i was struck by how diverse the responses can get when i first read your post...i think you have penned yourself in an unique way yet in a manner thats not too hard for us to relate to...

thanx for the read...hope you find your soulmate soon

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
9 posted 2001-01-05 08:31 AM

Startime,
I am a woman owned by no-one, what stunning words.Great write!
Kethry

Those of us who refuse to risk and grow get swallowed up by life. Patty Hansen.

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
10 posted 2001-01-05 10:15 AM

Karen, this was a wonderful piece and as some of the others pointed out......I too like the line about not being owned but I also like the lines below...

=========

I understand unconditional love
I say that there is a soulmate for us all
========

Now these really speak volumes of your heart and it shows as well in all your wonderful replies.  Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
11 posted 2001-01-05 03:16 PM

nakdthoughts
*sigh* I spent a good part of my life bound in ways that hurt the soul. With that I have learned that I should only be bound to myself. True love does not include ownership. Thank you so much for reading. I guess it was a pretty powerful statement. Much love and hugs to you from me.

Poeminister
Thank you, I am so glad you enoyed it. It was an amazing challenge that made me look at myself very closely. Much love and hugs to you from me.

CocoBaci
*sigh* don't we all pretend sometimes that all is well with us when really we just want to beg for someone to understand we have a heart too. Thank you dear one, Much love and hugs to you from me.

VAS
Thank you, dear one. *sigh* I wonder if I reveal a little too much of who I am in my poetry. Much love and hugs to you from me.

serenity
Thank you very much. It was an amazing challenge and I learned much doing it. Much love and hugs to you from me.

Eric
Thank you, dear friend, you have had such an affect on me as a person and poet. I so appreciate who you are and love you dearly. Much love and hugs to you from me.

Charisma
I hope so. I keep believing. If it happens, it happens. *sigh* life is a waiting game. Thank you, dearest one. Much love and hugs to you from me

kaile
Oh yes, wasn't it incredible. This was an amazing challenge and I totally enjoyed doing it. Thank you. Much love and hugs to you from me.

Kethry
Yes, they did come out rather strongly. *giggling* the thing was these words reminded me of just what they say and gave me a new sence of worth again. Thank you, so much. Much love and hugs to you from me.

Mark
*sigh* wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to share all of who we are without judgement. Knowing love is understanding and unconditional. *sigh* yes this dream still lives in my heart. Maybe someday I will find a man with the same dream. *giggling* who beliefs in fantasy too.Much love and hugs from me to you.< !signature-->

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams. http://www.voy.com/7622/ http://www.powerpoems.com

[This message has been edited by Startime (edited 01-05-2001).]

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
12 posted 2001-01-05 03:22 PM

"I dream of sharing all of who I am."
Yes only each one of us knows our personal dream and can make the decision who fits into our dream and who doesn't...James

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
13 posted 2001-01-05 04:56 PM

Perhaps I'm foolish but I do believe that there is a God who hears our prayers and does give to us the desires of our hearts....  I believe that even our soulmates exist out there within the grasp of Love's supreme power.  I loved your self portrait.  Bob <><
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
14 posted 2001-01-05 05:02 PM

Very forthright and positive image of yourself. I really enjoyed reading this
Liz

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I AM (Serenity's Challenge)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary