navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I Want to Inspire You
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Want to Inspire You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever

0 posted 2001-01-03 11:45 PM

I want to inspire you,
I want to write something that will leave you breathless and sighing with refreshing insight,
I want to kiss your soul, and let you know that we are all hurtling on this huge rock in space together,
Oblivious to the irrelevant consequences of our present happiness.
I want to live this life as joyous as possible, stopping to pick every succulent fruit that comes my way; stopping to exhale sonnets of love and truth into every touchable facet of your spiritual being.
I want others to do the same for me.
You may get aggrivated with me at times, but, dammit! I love you, my friend, and I'm trying.
I care for you so much, and I'm trying as hard as I can to break through this akward and obscure haze that exists between us, which only exists since we allow it to. It's quite easy to be rid of it...
If only we were ever able to really try..

LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS WAR, LOVE IS WHAT YOUR LIFE IS FOR.

© Copyright 2001 Joseph Alexander Knob - All Rights Reserved
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
1 posted 2001-01-03 11:50 PM

sometimes i wish we could mate like you know eagles or scorpions do but no we gotta all go around actin like its a big production yuh i hate the awkwardness too yuh lets all just throw it away but then no um no   walts confused yuh... great write
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
2 posted 2001-01-04 12:12 PM

I really like this one...especially this line...You may get aggrivated with me at times, but, dammit! I love you, my friend, and I'm trying...

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
3 posted 2001-01-04 12:50 PM

With the love there is a patience that will endure and I am sure that you will find it and make that break through.  Great write and here is to your coming breakthrough.  Caring and understanding go along way.
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

4 posted 2001-01-04 08:44 AM

this is heartfelt.

Sometimes we have to "stop trying" so hard and we get results.  Once I tried to open a jar of peanut butter, wouldn't open.  Frustrated, I walked away and heard it "pop" best peanut butter sandwich I'd had in ages.

"Every man dies.
Not every man truly lives."
Braveheart

Kathleen

EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
5 posted 2001-01-08 01:27 AM

walt, you know, I never thought of my name that way, but now that i do think about it, you certainly have a good point!

PaulaFinn, thanks.

Mark, my coming breakthrough? no way, I didnt even break 200 posts yet! but thanks anyway

IrishRose- my dear, thank you for reading all of my poems. Next time i get a chance i will try to search the forums for yours.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I Want to Inspire You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary