navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » Impact
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic Impact Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
spiked
since 2000-01-13
Posts 873
Hammond, La USA

0 posted 2000-12-14 07:41 PM

Impact
Such a striking word
So short yet having a power beyond it’s very meaning
A smile from someone in the morning can impact you for the rest of the day as could that of anger.
Directions are the result of how we are affected by the things that we encounter.
We all have felt the impact of something at one time or another in life.
A love gone bad, a day gone sour
A wink and a smile, left want for desire.
Embracing these things that impact us positively and taking them with us can in turn have an impact on the next we meet. Let these words I share impact you and at the same time have its affect on me. Life is so simple yet most complicated. For every effect there is a counter effect. What we do with that is what life is all about.

© Copyright 2000 Richard Rendall - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2000-12-14 07:55 PM

I've given a lot of thought to this theme...I like the way you handled it, and I strive to do the same. smiles and hugs, nice theory--rough practice. Love to you.
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
2 posted 2000-12-15 10:11 PM

Rich...yes we impact each other...from the casual smile you bestow on the girl at the drive thru window...to the hugs you share with someone you care about...every action produces a reaction...what a perfect write...this ones going in the library
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » Impact

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary