navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » As I Walk Away
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic As I Walk Away Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia

0 posted 2000-11-05 02:03 AM

Please shed no tears for me
                                                                   for I am leaving for a short while.
                                                                   Think of my return and smile
                                                                   of our life when it becomes we.

Away from you is hard to bare
                                                                   Let my love embrace your heart
                                                                   You will see we are never apart
                                                                   Our souls are one to share.

Quickly days will melt away
                                                                   In my dreams I reach to you
                                                                   My love so deep and true
                                                                   Soon, I will be home to stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                          To Teddy Bear

--------------
You got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
and show the world all the love in your heart
Then people are gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That your beautiful as you feel.~~~ Carol King

© Copyright 2000 Kathy Harmon - All Rights Reserved
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
1 posted 2000-11-05 03:32 AM

This is not only sad but it is so sweet as well.  Very tenderly written and so full of heart my friend.  Loved reading it much.
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2000-11-05 05:13 AM

KitKat~
It has to be hard to leave ...
but knowing you'll return gives you both
such joy to look forward to.

A lovely parting ...
with the promise of tomorrow.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia
3 posted 2000-11-05 09:30 AM

Thank-you Mark and Marge.hmmm can I call you the M &M Team? heheheheh I have been visiting with my Love in Nova Scotia and leave tomorrow. BUT!!! I plan on moving to NS in Feb. I am going to write a story about a positive on-line meeting.*sighs* Look for it soon.

--------------
You got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
and show the world all the love in your heart
Then people are gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That your beautiful as you feel.~~~ Carol King

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2000-11-05 11:11 AM

This poem and your explanation to others is wonderful..wishing you much happiness

~Wynter

"The worst prison would be a closed heart".
...Pope John Paul II

snowpants
Member Elite
since 2000-09-16
Posts 2061
KS
5 posted 2000-11-05 11:19 AM

So sad, but so romantic, kitkat!  I really liked this one!!

sp    
< !signature-->

Do not go where the path may lead, but instead, go where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

[This message has been edited by snowpants (edited 11-05-2000).]

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
6 posted 2000-11-05 12:22 PM

lovely,my friend enjoyed it a lot!!!!!!
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
7 posted 2000-11-05 12:25 PM

I, too, thought this lovely and enjoyed it much.

jwesley

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » As I Walk Away

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary