navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » The One......
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic The One...... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rod17NYS
since 2000-03-24
Posts 15

0 posted 2000-05-23 10:03 PM

Where have you been?
Out of all those random faces, why didn't I see?…You… standing there the whole time, and while everyone were having bigger than life dreams, you were just staring at me.
Even when the night came, and the storm was near, not even once you blinked your eyes in tears. Even when I turned my back, and took away all the hope.. not for a second you thought about going for the easiest road.
Where was I lost not to see?
It didn't matter if the whole world was falling part…There you'd stand..Untill the day something combined our hearts...
And for the first time I felt alive, like you knew every history..like you had seen all the smiles..Like all you wanted was a simple kiss..to somehow prove me that no matter the distance between our worlds, there had been something  about me..and thats how it  was….simple…not perfect….not beautiful…but simple..simple in a way that simplicity developed it's own beauty..and all of a sudden everything made sense…….

© Copyright 2000 Rod17NYS - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2000-05-23 10:21 PM

Oh, this is beautiful, Rod! What a perfect ending....'and all of a sudden everything made sense....' Just perfect!

Denise

spiked
since 2000-01-13
Posts 873
Hammond, La USA
2 posted 2000-05-23 10:25 PM

Very nice poem.
Sincere.
Thanks
Rich

netswan
since 2000-03-28
Posts 1369
Washington
3 posted 2000-05-23 10:38 PM

Don't know why life is like that.
Glad you finally saw!

~netswan

Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina
4 posted 2000-05-23 10:51 PM

Rod I was fasinated by your poem. So true to life. That is how we are so often when something is so good. We forget about that it's right before us until something slaps us right in the face. How lovely that someone cares so much to stay right beside you. That's love when even your not returning they are there.

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
5 posted 2000-05-24 01:49 AM

As I was reading your poem I could hear the Chicago song "Right Before My Eyes" ...I liked your poem..so true!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » The One......

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary