navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » To help bring back a great poet
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic To help bring back a great poet Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kavika
since 2000-05-06
Posts 35
Wyoming

0 posted 2000-05-20 03:16 AM

For Echo...

My heart is hardened by what I have heard
a talented poet said she wont write one more word

No reasons was given, she wont give us her why's
all she does now, is silently replies

I hate to see great talent, hidden behind a light
and to bring back her poems, I will gladly put up a fight

I think if she saw, how much ya'all missed her sweet rhyme
she might slowly believe that her poems are sublime

I thought those who know her, would be willing to try
so if you want to see her write, please post a reply!

Grandma Amy

``Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination. ''

- Benjamin Franklin

© Copyright 2000 Amy Mansfield - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2000-05-20 07:09 AM

Dear Amy; I don't know the story either, but Echo's decision is a sad one. God gave her a gift and I hope this lovely poem helps encourage her. Her poetry is missed. Ellie

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
2 posted 2000-05-20 07:18 AM

Grandma Amy - Ditto Ellie.  I don't know what happened, but I've read much of her poetry and it a loss to all of us if she stands by her decision.  This lovely poem you have written is a wonderful way to try to encourage her return.  Bonnie
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
3 posted 2000-05-20 08:09 AM

Thank You Grandma Amy, for so caring for this dear Sister-Poetess.  I think a part of being a good poet is in being sensitive-in touch with our feelings and the feelings of others as well.  This ability serves us well, unless we allow it to get out of hand.  ECHO is a wonderful poet, one who evidently has and is struggling under some heavy burdens in her life.  But WE will not give up on her-and hope she does not give up on herself.  ECHO, if you should read this, please be assured that we do love you and we want you to share with us more of your poetic gifts.  God bless you, God bless us all!   David
Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
4 posted 2000-05-20 03:27 PM

Dear Grandma Amy,
   I have not been here long enough to be familiar with the poet of whom you speak, but all of us should be of encourgement to one another and your poem is admirable insomuch as caring for another. Bless you and hopefully Echo will reconsider. Blessings, Marcy

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 2000-05-21 12:51 PM

noAmy this was really sweet of you! She does have a talent for sure! She knows I miss her around here and her spunk and her writing!

Thank you for caring enough to post something like this. It's always great to know that others feel like I do. So it may help if others say the same thing I've been telling her for a long time now.

God Bless you!

Amy please check your email.

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 05-21-2000).]

Kavika
since 2000-05-06
Posts 35
Wyoming
6 posted 2000-05-21 06:30 PM

Thank you all for responding to this.  I hate to see such wonderful talent go to waste!  

God bless you all!

Grandma Amy

``Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination. ''

- Benjamin Franklin

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

7 posted 2000-05-22 06:18 AM

I was wonderful why I hadn't read anything from her, to not write when you have a gift is too sad for words., maybe in time, whatever the reason., it breaks my heart to think of a silent poet.

Kathleen
indy31_99@yahoo.com

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
8 posted 2000-05-22 07:40 AM

This is a great way to show Echo how much she is missed and loved. I too think it sad to know a wonderful poet is out there not wanting to write again (don't know the reason why but I'm sure it's a sad one)I hope Echo see's all these replies  
Please come back soon Echo
Tracie~

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
9 posted 2000-05-22 11:08 AM

I think your sentiments are all sweet and encouraging friends to keep writing is a worthy effort. But perhaps we should respect Echo's wishes. If she feels she needs a break, we should allow her to have one without feeling like she is letting us down. We all have periods in our creative life when we can't put two words together... writer's block, for lack of a better term.. perhaps Echo is experiencing this. I know that when I am blocked, it's easier to read poetry and reply than try to write. Let's give her some space for a time....when she's ready, she'll write again.  
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
10 posted 2000-05-22 06:16 PM

i agree with Poet Divine on this subject. while i too miss echo's work and think she is a very gifted poet...i also think we should respect her wishes. perhaps like has been said, she is going through a difficult time in her life or perhaps she is just not in a creative mood these days. whatever the reason i think we as her friends should let her know we care about her and are here for her IF SHE CHOSES to let us in, but also respect her privacy and her wishes.

take care
amy  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
11 posted 2000-05-22 06:32 PM

I've not been in here for a few months and wouldn't have seen any of her posts. But I always belived that poetry was for the one that wrote it. So if she wants to write it's up to her. I've heard how great she is and I would love hear a few poems.
Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
12 posted 2000-05-23 06:38 AM

Amy, this is sweet of you, and through email I have already talked to you about this a little bit.  So I don't think much more needs to be said for right now.

Sharon, writer's block?  That isn't it, but thank you ever so kindly for respecting my wishes =)  That right there means a lot!  

Everyone else, thank you for your replies, but...well *shrugs*  I dont know what to say right now.  

I sit and ponder and lift thoughts from my consciousness, spilling them forth to here, raising my lit cigarette and blowing smoke in the face of reality.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » To help bring back a great poet

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary