navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » For Carol: ~A Spirit~
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic For Carol: ~A Spirit~ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Holly
since 2000-05-12
Posts 127
Arkansas

0 posted 2000-05-16 10:48 PM

I just wanted to post this one in honor of my step-mothers passing being a year now. I wrote this for her and read it at her funeral. Just a sad time for our family, so I thought I would try to honor her with this once again.

FOR CAROL: A SPIRIT

A spirit so kind, loving, & true--a heart of gold & a beautiful soul too.
She entered our lives laughing & smiling right from the very start--she quickly found her place in our hearts.
She gave so freely of her love & her time--the kind of person to give 100%--body, soul, & mind.
She was always willing to share some advice or just to listen about ones life.
Our sweet Carol, taken away from us all too soon--filling our memories but leaving a wound. Forever loved & greatly missed too--a spirit so kind, loving, & true.
In our short time I only regret 2 things--
reminding you how special you truly were & what you meant--and asking you "where on earth did you hide your angel wings?"

In loving memory of Carol Bass Davis

© Copyright 2000 Holly - All Rights Reserved
CMGrimm
since 2000-02-14
Posts 685
USA
1 posted 2000-05-16 11:01 PM

Holly this is a very warm and sweet tribute to your step-mother...I can tell you really cared for her alot.  

secret...(sometimes I've seen that angels hide their wings in loving gestures...if you look back and think really hard I'm sure you saw them and didn't realize.)    :0)

Thanks for sharing this with us.

chris

Never be a carbon copy of anybody...make your own impressions. - ANON.

Holly
since 2000-05-12
Posts 127
Arkansas
2 posted 2000-05-16 11:16 PM

Chris,
Thank you...please check your email when you get a chance.  

-Holly

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » For Carol: ~A Spirit~

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary