navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Blackened and Consumed
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Blackened and Consumed Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN

0 posted 2000-05-03 11:27 PM

< !signature-->

Blackened
Void of soul
Beauty purged forevermore
Frozen remnants of ashen heart
Bestial lack of control
Soul fiend’s paramour

Consumed
Stinging pain
Iron core of searing anger
Creeping regret blistering bone
Broken being slaying
Tattered blood terror

Destroyed
Absent faith
Shackled human flesh alive
Soulless machine grinding stagnant
Depthless darkness falling
In darkness I dive

Abrahm Simons

"...Watching fate as it flows down the path we have chose" - Trent Reznor, "We're in this Together"

[This message has been edited by Dusk Treader (edited 05-03-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Abrahm Simons - All Rights Reserved
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
1 posted 2000-05-03 11:37 PM

Ooh abe..I do hope this purged the feeling from you.  It is a horrible thing, the darkness, the searing anger, the "Frozen remnants of ashen heart" as you put it (an excellent way of doing so, btw). I want you to know that I care about you and love ya very much.  You're one of my best friends, a being, a soul that I feel honored to have beside me throughout my life.  Your friendship means the world to me.

And as for your writing, it is so powerful. You blew me away with the sharp, jagged edge to this.  You have a unique poetical talent, and no one can deny that.  Truly awesome work.  

*Krista Knutson*

"Lonliness is the human condition."
*Mark Twain, in the book "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"*

netswan
since 2000-03-28
Posts 1369
Washington
2 posted 2000-05-04 01:51 AM

Whoa, this is very descriptive, Dusk Treader,
sad and painful that dark side of life,
but reads well.

netswan

Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
3 posted 2000-05-04 04:15 PM

Thank you both for your replies  

Krista, thank you so much.  I love you too and treasure your friendship greatly.  And along with your help two conversations last night and this poem I believe I've purged the darkness.  My dear friend, my greatest thanks  

netswan - thank you for taking the time to read my poem and to comment.  I really appreciate it.  

Abrahm Simons

"...Watching fate as it flows down the path we have chose" - Trent Reznor, "We're in this Together"

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
4 posted 2000-05-04 10:10 PM

Abers,

First off, I'd like to say that you had a very descriptive poem.  I enjoyed reading its depth.

But I'd also like to say that I hope you are feeling better.  Like I said last night, if you need a friend, I'm always here.  I'm just a phone call away.  One thing you have that I don't is the strength to get through this.  I treasure your friendship, you've been here for me, so I am returning the favor to you, my friend.  

"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it doesn't stop a wise man from trying."
Harry Anderson, "Night Court"

*Cassandra Roseen*

Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
5 posted 2000-05-05 12:35 PM

Thanks Cassie, I appreciate it    You were one of the ones who helped me a couple nights ago.  Don't give me use of the phone, I tend to abuse it (ask Krista about calling Jeff...LOL)  My friend, thanks for the helping hand, I feel much better, a little sadness, but much happiness    
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2000-05-07 10:43 PM

As you know I can relate to where you are coming from my friend. Cling and wait as you so aptly put it. Maybe it is our friendship that must be clung to? We shall get through this Abe. We both shall and we will be beter people for it.

Nice work on the poem.  

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shodows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face...

William Butler Yeats

Silkdragon
since 2000-06-24
Posts 65

7 posted 2000-07-14 01:12 AM

*sigh*  Well, here you are again.  More 'terrible' poetry.  *grinds teeth*  Anyway, I like your poems, Abe.  I like the darkness.  Hmmm...  What does that say about me...  LOL.  Anyway, good work, and I seriously hope you aren't always so depressed.  

Erin

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Blackened and Consumed

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary