navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » The Goose Girl...............Goodbye
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Goose Girl...............Goodbye Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lady Moiraine
since 2003-07-29
Posts 24
Florida

0 posted 2003-07-31 03:22 AM

The Goose Girl...............Goodbye

She is very pretty wearing a blue frock with a white apron.

Her hair is cropped short but falls in ringlets around her face glowing deep cherry red in the sunlight and highlighting her very hazel eyes which at the moment happens to be gold.

Geese meander around her brown leather boots, tanned as soft as butter and crumpled low against her calves.  Her boots are worn with years of standing while tending to her flock just as her large basket holding grain is showing wear with frayed edges and a large wicker patch at the bottom.

She throws grain mixed with cracked corn out to her birds and smiles as she watches them gobble up the corn, millet and groats.

As she stands feeding her geese the wind softly caresses her body, teasing her dress to ripple around her knees.  She looks east towards the horizon, longingly, then watches the wheat sway to and fro in the breeze.

Her grey eyes are sad.

She remembers a time when she was happy.

She remembers the times she lay with him in the wheat field after they made passionate love under the warm sun.  Sneaking away from their duties on the farm, they met in that field for lustful embraces, caresses and the sharing of each other.

She remembers the times they stole kisses from each other in the back of the kitchen when Cook was preparing meals for the farm hands.  He was not a field hand but the wagonmaster of the farm’s oxen team and the large draft horse team that he also drove in local parades of the town.  He could have been the one who slaughtered the chickens for all she cared, what ever he did was perfection in her eyes.

She remembers the time he embraced her, held her close to his body and comforted her during her overwhelming grief at the loss of her father.  He wiped the tears away from her cheeks with his lips, kissing her sorrow away.

She remembers the times they hid up in the hayloft until dark and spent endless nights indulging in each others bodies; the horses stirring underneath them in the stable, the smell of the hay, the rafters creaking with their rhythm, the owls hooting at the moon and the rustle of her geese as they lay sleeping by the pond near the stable.

She remembers his musky smell, the sleek feel of his skin, the softness of his glistening black hair and the love he showed for her as he gazed into her dark brown eyes.

She remembers the night he left her......................

Her geese, now full with grain and corn waddle off for a swim in the pond

The breeze continues to whip her hair about her cheeks and temples and her dress about her legs

Her eyes, now green, stare blankly east to the horizon

She stands alone in the wheat field..........................

Goodbye my love, goodbye…………………………

[This message has been edited by Lady Moiraine (07-31-2003 03:23 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Lady Moiraine - All Rights Reserved
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
1 posted 2003-07-31 09:09 AM

this lovely story flows smoothly with rich visual descriptions of the characters. You have a fine style and a knack for story telling. I look forward to more of your work. welcome to the pub...

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
2 posted 2003-07-31 10:22 AM

Lovely chronicling of happenings between two, and the way the eyes turned from brown to green..hehe could this be the green-eyed monster, jealousy?

SharaRose @-->--

Of sound, and speech let all lift the hearer!

Lady Moiraine
since 2003-07-29
Posts 24
Florida
3 posted 2003-07-31 11:56 AM

quote:
hehe could this be the green-eyed monster, jealousy?

Actually in all of my poems, I am the girl.  I have hazel eyes.  They do change color quite often.  They usually stay green or gold the longest but if I am happy and quiet, which is not too often lately, they are brown.  

The Goose Girl started out as a fun poem I was going to write to my boyfriend because between us, he always called me a "silly goose".  I started the poem, only the first paragraph and that night, he broke up with me.  The poem was then completed as a lament.

Thank you for reading my poem.  I was actually crying when I wrote it that night.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
4 posted 2003-07-31 08:27 PM

LadyMoiraine~
This is tenderly lovely~
Welcoming you to Passions ... will watch for more of your work~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
5 posted 2003-07-31 10:12 PM

I'm sorry. I meant no harm at all. It wasn't that way. I apologize. I was trying to be light-hearted, and I didn't know this had happened. I can assure it was not an intentional act.

Thank you,

SharaRose @-->--

Lady Moiraine
since 2003-07-29
Posts 24
Florida
6 posted 2003-08-01 01:27 AM

quote:
I'm sorry. I meant no harm at all. It wasn't that way. I apologize.

Oh good heavens, you have nothing to apologize for!  I did not take anything badly!  I thought your response to be very original and something I never thought of consciously!  But who is to say I was not thinking of subconsciously!!

quote:
I was trying to be light-hearted,

And you were!  Thank you for responding so quickly!  I have been in a couple of poetry forums and one thing they all have in common is they are huge!  That says a lot for the popularity of poetry.  I think it is great but it is easy for a poem to go unnoticed with the volume of posts so I am always happy someone sees what I post!  Especailly when they reply like you did!  This has been a very friendly forum!

quote:
I can assure it was not an intentional act.

No offense was ever taken.  It must have been my comment that came off as intentional, and it is my turn to apologize to you!  I am sorry if I replied abruptly.  lol, sometimes words just escape me!  lol!!

[This message has been edited by Lady Moiraine (08-01-2003 01:28 AM).]

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
7 posted 2003-08-01 05:01 PM

No problem...sending a big

SharaRose @-->--

Lady Moiraine
since 2003-07-29
Posts 24
Florida
8 posted 2003-08-20 02:50 AM

quote:
No problem...sending a big

Phew, been awhile I was here.  Thanks Shara Rose for understanding!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » The Goose Girl...............Goodbye

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary