navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Power...
Open Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Power... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HerMelness
since 2000-07-12
Posts 37
Bridgewater, NS, Canada

0 posted 2000-07-20 09:47 AM

-Power-

With every harsh word that you throw in my direction, my mind reels with each verbal blow.
Your words create powerful thoughts, spawning beliefs which are strong enough to hold people together, and to blind them from unspoken truths.

I hope you realize the power you have over me.
I feel like my entire essence rests on the tip of your tongue, and I'm terrified you'll find a way to spit it out.

I can't help but feel enormous amounts of anger towards you. You with your unprecedented ability to leave me powerless over my own emotions.
I struggle to understand where our battle was lost, how victory eluded us both, and why I continue to refuse to let go of the emptiness that is you.

-Melanie-

-Wherever you go, go with all your heart.-

© Copyright 2000 Melanie - All Rights Reserved
Corinne
Member Ascendant
since 1999-10-28
Posts 5167
state of confusion
1 posted 2000-07-20 10:25 AM

Captured that feeling of helplessness well here.  When one overpowers another, its an unhealthy relationship, doomed to disappointment.  As soon as you show signs of strength, the other party will lose interest, it's not what he/she wants.

Corinne

HerMelness
since 2000-07-12
Posts 37
Bridgewater, NS, Canada
2 posted 2000-07-23 11:57 AM

Thank you Corrine! =) This was my first poem put on here.. and I think I put it in the wrong topic, cos its already on the 8th page!
=)

-Wherever you go, go with all your heart.-

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Power...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary