navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » abortion2
Open Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic abortion2 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.

0 posted 2000-06-29 03:43 PM

I found this poem while I was cleaning my old room out.  I wrote it a few weeks after I had my abortion.  

1/21/1996

I know that I'm not doing what's right,
I know it because I can't sleep at night.
You don't know how sorry I am...
I guess not sorry enough to keep you.

I'm going to live with wonder all my life,
I'll wonder what you look like,
I'll wonder if you had his smile,
I'll wonder if you would've ever loved me.

I can't give you what's best,
That's why I won't keep you.
I'm sending you to a better place though,
Somewhere where you'll never be hurt.

Are you gonna be watching me up there?
If so, will you still call me "mommie"?
Please do, because even though I don't have you,
You'll be with me forever.

I'll never forgive myself,
But then again I have to live with it.
Just know that I'm very sorry,
But I did what I thought was best.

miriam coronado

© Copyright 2000 miriam coronado - All Rights Reserved
redheart angrybraids
since 2000-04-16
Posts 410
honolulu, hawaii
1 posted 2000-06-29 03:47 PM

i have complete sympathy for you, i know how hard it can be, that little spirit will watch over you forever and sooner or later you will be reunited, let go let go let rest be done.

Kindly,
Redheart Angrybraids

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
2 posted 2000-06-29 03:54 PM

thanks for posting redheart!! Almost a year ago I posted a poem called "abortion" and it's in O.P.2 if you wanna check it out.  A lot of my PIP friends helped me move on.  I still feel bad for what I did, but I know I did what's best.  your concern means a great deal to me.

miriam coronado

redheart angrybraids
since 2000-04-16
Posts 410
honolulu, hawaii
3 posted 2000-06-29 03:58 PM

right on lady friend,
i'm glad to hear all is well.

Kindly,
Redheart Angrybraids

kat
since 2000-05-20
Posts 387

4 posted 2000-06-29 04:07 PM

miriam:  This is something that's very difficult to deal with. I know of many women who have experienced this and in most cases the guilt they feel is still with them, even years later. You may not be able to see the little one you gave up but their spirit lives on and you will be united at one point in time. Your poem touched my heart. Good-luck to you.

kat

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2000-06-29 04:38 PM

mariam thank you for the honest feelings from your heart during this hard period in your life...I am glad you did what was best for you and I am not disputing your choice.
I have a few situations to share.  My second wife aborted our baby without considering my wishes and I would have loved our baby as I love my three sons that I have from my first wife.  She told me that there was no way she was going to have a baby with me.   My friend Jesse just celebrated his daughters fourth birthday with his daughter who he loves very much.  His wife didn't want the baby and was going to abort the baby.  Somehow he managed to talk her out of it.  He told me recently his life would have been miserable today if she had followed thru with her wishes...but he is happy and contented today to be with his daughter.  The mom is long gone.  A friend of mine tried six times to have a baby and had complications each time.  Her son is four years old today and she loves that boy.  She recently ask me to write a poem for her son concerning how thankful she is for him...
Take care,  James

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
6 posted 2000-06-30 11:44 AM

kat...thank you for your reply it means a lot to me.

jmlee...sorry that your wife made decisions without you ...but think of it this way...you have 3 sons to make it up with.  When it comes to situations like these you have to make the best out of them or they will eat you up.  I was 16 years old at the time and was not ready for a baby.  Just keep your head high...you're not alone in this struggle.  my wishes and hugs to you.

miriam coronado

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2000-06-30 05:44 PM

Thank you miriam for your understanding and the softness of your heart...I truly appreciate it....James
sarahC
since 2000-06-07
Posts 84
Michigan
8 posted 2000-06-30 05:48 PM

I sympathize with you....we all make choices and they are not easy....but they are what is best for us at the time....please don't beat yourself up...i am speaking from experience.....just move on knowing that it was right at the time and you will feel better.....very heartfelt poem...great writing!!!  

Julie :)

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
9 posted 2000-06-30 06:09 PM

miriam, my belief system totally clashes with the concept of abortion but I respect your decision, even if I fail to understand it. Thank you for sharing and for your honesty. I wish you well, take care.

"monuments put from pen to paper turns me into a gutless wonder" Manic street preachers

[This message has been edited by brian madden (edited 06-30-2000).]

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
10 posted 2000-07-02 01:13 AM

thank you....that's all I can say.  All I know is that the day I had the abortion I convinced myself of something.  The next time I have a baby...it will be the same one...God is holding my baby for the next time.  Does that make sense?  

miriam coronado

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » abortion2

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary