navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Inside Jokes
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Inside Jokes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ginners
since 2000-07-22
Posts 339
Mullica Hill, New Jersey

0 posted 2000-07-30 02:22 PM

maybe you wont get this poem if you haven't see Velvet goldmine or if you dont have the same friends and intrests as me but i like it and i wanted to post it.  i dont usually post in here, usually it is in dark passions bu this poem isnt dark so here it goes:

Strawberry breezes and black kisses
Tie-dyed shirts and messy hair
Days I'll never forget
Moments of unconsiciousness and hours of smiles
Pot smoke and vodka
Ways to forget and some one to forget for
Warm fuzzy feelings and heart beats
Pass a J and share a smile
peach orchards and flashlights
Smiley faces and snakes
"Damn it Matt, this isn't a sleep over any more"
Glass beads and little racoons
Kurt Wild and Brian Slade
On 40/20 at 4:20 with 4 friends and a 20

(and dont give me crap about smoking pot i quit that **** a long time ago but the memories surrounding it will never fade)

"There is no always forever-just this-R.Smith

broken glass never cuts the way it should-Gin

© Copyright 2000 Gin Leigh - All Rights Reserved
mr0001
since 2000-06-09
Posts 39

1 posted 2000-07-30 03:07 PM

i can't say that i have any clue what you are talking about, but the way you wrote this was an excellent way to let people see what it is you are reminising over. good job.  

mr

"crazy" is just who you are...amplified.

some people draw the outlines in life, i chose to add the color.

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
2 posted 2000-07-30 03:31 PM

I love it! I love it! This is an awesome poem. I know the feeling, I myself have many happy memories with friends that I will cherish forever even if some of them has betrayed me.

Keep up the good writing.  

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
3 posted 2000-07-30 03:59 PM

Of course I don't catch all the 'inside jokes' in your poem, but I still think it was funny, and I really like your style. Peace out, kidd-o.

*~Meredith~*

If I could read your mind,
What would you say?
Would it take my breath away?
*Human

Lucius Cade
since 2000-03-23
Posts 235
Saskatchewan
4 posted 2000-07-31 11:24 AM

I think this is great. A warm feeling of friendship. Keep it up.

Lucidity is the answer to all problems

liqwidnik
since 2000-11-04
Posts 33
Mantua, NJ, USA
5 posted 2000-12-31 03:04 PM

i don't get it completely but I like it. Keep it up
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2000-12-31 05:29 PM

Nice poem Ginners......but your little parenthesis at the bottom of your poem displays some sort of attitude....chill out lady, apparently nobody gave a CRAP whether you did pot or not.
ANYWAY........i loved the poem, thought it rocked.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
7 posted 2001-01-01 03:42 AM

In this day and age...  nobody cares what the other is doing...  there are soo many people who smoke pot and domother drugs that it is hard to find people who don't do it...  Each person is free to their opinion an free to do what they want with their lives, it's a free world!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
8 posted 2001-01-01 09:10 PM

go dopey!
this was a sweet poem, i enjoyed reliving your memories

~JDR

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

9 posted 2001-01-01 10:05 PM

ahhh memories... nice job.
I bet "Damn it Matt, this isn't a sleep over any more" has a funny story behind it.

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2001-01-02 07:59 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with Dopey.  I liked the poem alot, great style.  it's just that the words in the buttom kindda bothered me a bit.  But, oh well......nice post

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Ginners
since 2000-07-22
Posts 339
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
11 posted 2001-01-03 03:19 PM

I dont know where nikky found this poem it is really old i barely remember some of the inside jokes.  well thank you for having something to say, and by the way the words at the bottom are there because i have had people on passions say things about smoking pot that upset me and i wasnt in the mood to deal with that again
Greeneyes617
since 2000-11-22
Posts 329
Arkansas
12 posted 2001-01-03 05:07 PM

Interseting......I like it. Good poem.
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
13 posted 2001-01-03 08:08 PM

No prob havin them there, but they just kinda sounded snappy.....full of attitude.
But i can see why you'd put those there....just do realize we are young adults with feelings. You snap, I snap. haha....that's how it goes...But we're all a great bunch of poets, and so are you.....peace is a virtue i strongly recomend.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
14 posted 2001-01-04 12:21 PM

This is a little old and I certainly don't get all of the inside jokes, but it's still good.  

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Inside Jokes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary