navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Dear Mom
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dear Mom Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kyle
since 2000-07-19
Posts 3

0 posted 2000-07-21 10:51 AM

Dear mom, I miss you;
Where did you go?
They told me you were just sleeping;
  sixteen years ago.

I was only three years old at the time;
I did'nt know what to do.
"You'll see her again someday", they said.
Mom where are you?

Last year I graduated high school;
I thought maybe you'd show up.
I don't know why I even imagined that;
You haven't even seen me grow up.

The reason I'm writing you;
all of a sudden.
Is because I was looking through drawers the other day;
and came across something.

An old newspaper clipping;
with your name and two dates.
Saying you had a son, three years old;
and you were dead at thirty-eight.

All these years with no mother;
just looking for some answers.
Well, now I have one and it  hurts;
You couldn't beat cancer.

But, mom let me say;
wherever you are today.
You may not be beside me now;
but my hearts never too far away!

© Copyright 2000 Kyle - All Rights Reserved
Fairy Princess
since 2000-07-19
Posts 64
Fitchburg Ma, USA
1 posted 2000-07-21 12:19 PM

Hello there! your poem is so sad, my dad also died of cancer on 12-23-99. So I know your pain. Here's my email Smile4me28@excite.com  

~*~What you see is what
you get~*~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2000-07-21 12:50 PM

I'm so sorry that you lost your mother, but this is a beautiful tribute to her. I'm sure you make her very proud.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-07-21 03:45 PM

wow!!! this is a beautiful poem...i give you mad props for this...i dont know what you are going through...but i know someone that is very close to me that is going through this...someone who is like a brother to me...he lost his mom...to cancer also...i am really sorry to hear about this...but always remember she is watching down on you...she has seen you grow up...and she was at your graduation...no matter what she was there...watching you get your diploma...keep up the good work...if you ever wanna chat my e-mail is~~~bashful2896@aol.com

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Kittie
since 2000-07-08
Posts 103

4 posted 2000-07-21 07:22 PM

All I can say is WOW!! This is written very beautifully and well, especially on such a topic. I hope things are going okay.
Kittie

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
5 posted 2000-07-21 07:39 PM

oh Kyle, my dear I am so sorry! I know how you feel, I lost my grandma to cancer...not the same thing I know...I lost my dad...to life.(he gave me up) and I lost my best friend to a drunk driver. I know a little bt about losing people you love. fortunately I don't know what it's like to have to grow up with out my mom. I'm so sorry that you have had to,but just like Erin said, she was there whether you realize it or not. Keep your  head up...she watching, and I'm sure she's VERY proud! if you ever wanna talk just e-mail me at StarPryncess17@hotmail.com. Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

*~* I wIsH I wAs A LiTTlE gIrL aGaIn; SkInNeD kNeEs AnD bRuIsEd ElBoWs ArE eAsIeR tO hEaL tHaN a BrOkEn HeArT!*~*

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
6 posted 2000-07-21 10:48 PM

Kyle, this poem is so sad and so well written.
I hope that one day the pain will go away and you will be able to live your life free from whatever you feel.
I can only begin to imagine what you are feeling.  My mother is the most important person in the world to me and I can't imagine what it would be like growing up without her.
But she is there, watching over you.
We have to remember that.  We will see them again some day.  And when we do, the disease that rocked them will have vannished and they will be the gentle, beautiful person that we knew and loved.
Your mother will always hold a special place in your heart and you will carry a piece of her where ever you go.
Remember that she is never far away, you can talk to her whenever you want, she is living your life with you.
And I'm sure she is so proud of what you've become.

Keep up the great writing.  The world needs more poets like you.  Poets that can send a message to the world and have it understood.

Love Always,
Shell.

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
~Beautiful~
~Creed~

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2007-12-02 08:26 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Dear Mom

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary