navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Regret (Strange how the person that can break your heart the most is u)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Regret (Strange how the person that can break your heart the most is u) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

0 posted 2000-07-14 07:30 PM

wish she knew
          how much I loved her
          how much I cared

wish she could have seen
         past the mirrors
         the smoke I blew at her

why couldn't I show my love
how come I hid it from her

why was I so afraid
what did I have to fear

she use count  on me

but    
      now
      to her
I don't
     even
          count

maybe I feared
        getting hurt
ironicly,
    the regret
        hurts more than
any person
      could ever
           hurt me
I guess you live
           and learn
but I feel
     I may have
         missed
     my chance
           to live

© Copyright 2000 IsGona - All Rights Reserved
Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
1 posted 2000-07-15 01:27 AM

I really like your poetry.  All I can say about this one is to remember your mistakes and learn from them.  And when love finds you again, don't let go.  

jason

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

2 posted 2000-07-15 12:02 PM

~Jacman~
Thanks alot
I will look for some of your posts in the future.

Thanks again,
Jason

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
3 posted 2000-07-15 03:08 PM

Hey there, I loved your poem.  I hope to read more from you.  Keep up the good work.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-07-15 03:12 PM

I have to agree with Jason on this one, don't ever regret, feel remorseful but don't regret, learn from your mistakes and teach yourself how to love because you didn't know how to before. Keep it up my dear friend, I enjoy your poetry. Best of luck! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~My fire is dead,it knew no pain; yet it is dead and I remain: All stiff with ice ashes lie;and they are dead, and I will die~*~

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-07-15 03:42 PM

you shouldnt reget it...it was a learning experience...at least thats how i see it...well i really enjoy your work...so keep posting...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
6 posted 2000-07-16 08:23 PM

So happens the first poem I decided to read today was yours after I had a huge fall out with my ex boyfriend (again)..hrmm..funny how life works, but enough about that, your poem really hits home, sounds kinda like a converstation I've had with him many times...

Kristen

"Let me be the one you call, if you jump I'll break your fall, lift you up and fly away with you into the night"

~Crash and Burn~

Rayz
since 2000-07-14
Posts 13
Fresno, CA, U.S.A
7 posted 2000-07-17 02:52 AM

Isgona, That is a awsome poem. It really made me think about a situation that I'm going through right now. Maybe i should take your advice, I do like her, But should I ask her out, I mean, what would happen to our friendship? I see why you played it safe. Maybe i will do something. Thanks

Ray

Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
8 posted 2000-07-17 10:40 AM

amazing poem

I used to think there was nothing worse than regretting something you did, I have since then learned from past experience that it is far worse to regret not doing something at all....

do let a fear of intimacy stand in your way, we've all been there and once you experience great love that fear will disappear forever, you just have to let yourself open up a little!!

I really enjoy your work, keep it up

Rachel Turner
since 2000-07-15
Posts 16
Judsonia, Arkansas
9 posted 2000-07-18 02:50 AM

I think your poem was meant for me to read tonight b/c i really like this guy and we are really good friends and i want to ask him out but i was scared of rejection but b/c of your poem i think i'm going to ask him anyways!! Keep up the good work!!!

*RaChEl*
no guts, no glory!!!

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

10 posted 2000-07-18 11:10 AM

Thank u all for your replies!!
This poem has meant alot to me mostly cause the experience was so inportant in my life.  I have learned a hard lesson and in one way that's good but in another way I wish I could have learned in a different way.  So I hope every one in that reads this poem can learn from my mistake.  This regret really does hurt more than any thing I have felt.
thank u again for your replies
IsGona

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
11 posted 2000-12-31 01:55 PM

Waaaaaaay late, I know. But better late then never. I liked this it shows a lot of emotion, and it is important to know that regret stings, but shouldn't be felt for very long, because all situations serve a purpose. You needed to learn from this to live better. Anyway, keep it up.
xoxo
Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

Tears of Glass
since 2000-12-04
Posts 182
Physically? VA.... Mentally? I'm not quite sure
12 posted 2000-12-31 01:58 PM

I'm sorry I didn't catch this poem on it's first time around!  It was wonderful!  I loved the phrasing.  I hope things get better from here for you, and luck swings your way   Best wishes...

*Jennifer

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

13 posted 2000-12-31 04:52 PM

Thanks you 2

Jenn ~ I did learn from this.  It was a very important lesson.  thx

Jennifer ~ Thanks for the support.  Luck really has swung my way.  thx

Anyhow I've revised this one since I posted it too.  basically just changed the end a little.  here it is:

~*~My Chance to Love~*~

wish she knew
          how much I loved her
          how much I cared
wish she could have seen
          past the mirrors
          the smoke I blew at her

why couldn't I
    show
       my love?
how come I
       hid it
         from her?
why was I
       so
           afraid?
what did I
        have to
             fear?

she
    use to
count
      on me
but    
      now
          to her
I don't
     even
          count

maybe I feared
        getting hurt
ironically,
    the regret
        hurts more than
any person
      could ever
           hurt me

I guess you live
           and learn
but I feel
   I missed
     my chance
           to love
and  how
    does one live
         with out love

[This message has been edited by IsGona (edited 12-31-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
14 posted 2000-12-31 05:39 PM

I liked the little change you did. Nice one IsGona.....hope to see more of you..post dude......post!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
15 posted 2000-12-31 06:41 PM

Hey, i love your poem. so many times us young people do a lot of things we regret. most of the time it has to do with love. I think you portrayed it right on the money with this point of view. i enjoy all of your poems  

*do not offer yourself to the world, yet let the world offer itself to you*--Me :)

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
16 posted 2000-12-31 07:16 PM

WOW.. this is breathtaking... one of the best poems i have read in a while... keep it up!!
~*Justine*~

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
17 posted 2000-12-31 09:03 PM

To me, it's okay to regret things. Just don't let the regret take over your entire life. You'll find another woman someday. Someone who loves you as much as you love her and will cherish you no matter what... I just hope for your sake that you find her soon. Awesome heartfelt poem. The second one's good too...  

~*Skyfire

*~Always Canadian*~
~*~I used to be an idiot, but I'm all right now~*~

katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia
18 posted 2000-12-31 10:40 PM

this is a great poem!

katherine

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
19 posted 2001-01-01 12:27 PM

Great poem, I am glad you have learnt from your experiences...  and the bits you fixed up made the poem even better, great work!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

20 posted 2001-01-02 12:24 PM

DD ~ Thanks man.  I will post again... soon I think.

Sugarpie ~ Yes we do regret to often. Thanks for the poem.

Pixie ~ 'Breath taking'??? wow... thanks

SkyFire ~ your right.  I have a hard time with regret though.  especially regretting not trying.  regretting what I did is not so bad.  regretting what I didn't do is much worse.  But it's nothing but a learning experience now.  Thanks for the reply

Katherine ~ Thank you

Melz ~ I did learn from this.  thx

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Greeneyes617
since 2000-11-22
Posts 329
Arkansas
21 posted 2001-01-02 01:22 PM

So true.......Good job. Looking forward to reading more of your work.
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
22 posted 2001-01-02 02:18 PM

ah, another work of brilliance
strong ideas here
im glad you learned from such a lesson
dont let it happen again, ya hear?
keep'em coming!

~JDR

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Suga_Baby
since 2000-08-06
Posts 380
Maine, USA
23 posted 2001-01-02 06:59 PM

This is so true. Regret is a horrible thing to have! People conceal their feelings too often... It's a shame too because each day may be the last one you have to show people that you care... Better luck next time. Nice work, too  
DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
24 posted 2001-01-02 09:13 PM

hey   i love your poetry, theres so much behind your words...very noble lol i dont know what the word im looking for is, im a lil out of it. sorry!but neways..good peom

¤Sometimes the hardest thing to get over, is something you never really had¤

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Regret (Strange how the person that can break your heart the most is u)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary