navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Way I See The World
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Way I See The World Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA

0 posted 2000-07-14 10:05 AM

I look at the world and see
How people look, act and talk
I have realized that people aren't always the nicest
Sometimes straight up rude
I sometimes wonder what will happen when I have children
It's sad to see all the violence on television
I see the world as an angry place
It seems that people her don't care
It's my way or the highway
I see wireless comunication everywhere
What happens when you kill someone while talking on your cell phone and driving?
Do you even care?
I see a place where people die for stupid stuff
How can you help?
I see hurt in people's eyes
I see love in people's hearts
What do you see in this world?

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

© Copyright 2000 Michelle Y. Plocinik - All Rights Reserved
Lovely_Kris
since 2000-07-11
Posts 176

1 posted 2000-07-14 10:27 AM

I Think this is a wounderful poem. Their are times i wounder about the world. I think you expressed your self clearly. Thanks for sharing the poem and hope to read more.
Lovely_Kris

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
2 posted 2000-07-14 11:57 AM

Chel, I love your poem,
very profound veiw of this world. We must also not forget
that there is a lot of love in this world.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-07-14 01:05 PM

damn you showed us the world as it is...i also agree that there is alot of hate in this world...but there also is love...and if at least one person can make a difference everybody will follow...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
4 posted 2000-07-14 05:57 PM

This is a wonderful poem Chel, great job.

I get scared alot, cause these days you don't know who the person next to you is, could be a serial killer, rapist, your best friend. Worst of all, here in SA, they don't get punished like they should, cause it is ok with the world!

But one can't change the world, you must begin with yourself.

Wonderful poem, keep it up.

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-07-14 06:31 PM

Very thought-provoking poem Chel, well done! Although it can be a very angry world sometimes, it's so nice to know that here within this little haven at Passions, you get to see that there are indeed some very wonderful, caring people still out there  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
6 posted 2000-07-15 04:09 AM

The world is excatly what we humans have made it out to be.  If ya wanna look at it this way, we humans have another kind of power, too....we have the power to alter our own state of mind.. Look at it this way:  If you can convince yourself that this world could be alot worse and thus isn't that bad now, then in your own reality...it really isn't.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA
7 posted 2000-07-15 11:04 AM

Chel,
Life can be very depressing sometimes, when we look around and see the hell we've made of it. Don't get too discouraged, as long as we still have love, friendship and joy in our hearts, living is still worht it.

Thomas  A. Plemmons

"I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss The Dance"

-Garth Brooks-

Linzi
since 2000-07-08
Posts 35
Pennsylvania, USA
8 posted 2000-07-15 11:07 AM

wow, i've thought about that same thing many a times...and you captured it perfectly!

~*~Linzi~*~

"Ignore reality; there's nothing you can do about it" ~ Natalie Imbruglia

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

9 posted 2000-07-15 05:40 PM

Well written.  Your Sicerity really comes out in this poem.  You want more than any thing to make a difference in this messed up world but feel so helpless.  It's strange how quickly this world can change our out look though.  Keep your heart open and others will open theres to you and that's all you need to smile in this world.
Thank you for sharing this poem
I think it's one every one can relate to
IsGona

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
10 posted 2000-07-15 07:25 PM

The Human Race stopped fearing God; after this came it's punishment: it began to fear itself, began to crave the phantasmagorical, and now it quakes before this creature of it's own imagination.

That's the way I see it, I think you are every right my friend! Keep up the wonderful writing. Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

*~* I wIsH I wAs A LiTTlE gIrL aGaIn; SkInNeD kNeEs AnD bRuIsEd ElBoWs ArE eAsIeR tO hEaL tHaN a BrOkEn HeArT!*~*

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
11 posted 2000-07-15 08:37 PM

I want to thank everyone for reading this poem.  I know that there is more to this world besides hate.  I know that love is a big part of it too.  I am sorry if I left that out of my poem.  I hope that you all keep reading my work and I hope that you continue responding to them.  All of you keep your heads up and don't let others put you down.  Do what you think is right.

Luv always,
Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
12 posted 2007-12-01 11:14 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Way I See The World

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary