navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Identity Crisis
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Identity Crisis Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl

0 posted 2000-07-13 08:59 AM

Who am I?
I never seem to know,
Then you call me names and then tell me you love me.

The kindest words leave your lips,
After the most abrasive actions.
Sometimes, I just cry.

Who are you?
And why do I care?
You misuse love,
You mistreat me.

Retract yourself,
Because I no longer want you.
The pain you've provided stings me.
The hurt you've brought has scarred me.

[This message has been edited by Jenn Cirrincione (edited 07-13-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer Parker - All Rights Reserved
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
1 posted 2000-07-13 10:15 AM

This poem shows a lot of emotion.   I'm so sorry that you feel this way though.  Let him go, he ain't worth the trouble.  I know it's easy to say and hard to do.  Keep writing and I'm looking forward to reading more of your poems
Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
2 posted 2000-07-13 10:21 AM

I couldn't agree with you more.  When a person is mistreating you in any kind of relationship, it is time to remove that person from your life.  Good luck!!

jason

Lovely_Kris
since 2000-07-11
Posts 176

3 posted 2000-07-13 03:05 PM

I liked your poem. I think a person should never mistreat another person. I have a say I agree with acire & jacman. I hope to read more of your poems.

[This message has been edited by Lovely_Kris (edited 07-13-2000).]

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
4 posted 2000-07-13 06:24 PM

i feel your pain...my ex to this day still bad talks me...i dont know if he physically or emotionally hurt you but its not worth it...if a guy cant treat you with respect he aint worth your time...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-07-14 06:04 AM

Powerful expressions and message here Jenn. I'm glad you realize that you need to remove yourself from this unhappy situation. No one should be treated or made to feel this way. Hope to read more!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
6 posted 2000-07-14 09:19 PM

You know, he's so strange. I kind of figured out somewhere along the line that he was hurting me. Teasing, pressuring, just overall messing w/ me. Some characteristics were stereotypical NBC movie specials you know? But then when we were in the midst of a stretched out break-up, he was hurt I could possibly feel used, and that I took the teasing so seriously. I just know that the bad outweighed the good, and having been used or not... I need to be out. I refuse to believe that people are inately bad, I just know there are certain ones I can't be with.
Thanks for listening. And for the comments.
Jenn

BabyGirl1
since 2000-07-02
Posts 91
Morris, IL
7 posted 2000-07-14 10:19 PM

This poem shows so much strength.  Many times when people get themselves into relationships that are not good for them, they stay even though it is hurting them more than leaving.  You show so much strength for realizing that this relationship was not the one for you.  Great poem and I cant wait to read more.

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can fly only by embracing each other."

-Luciano de Crescenzo-

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
8 posted 2007-12-01 11:10 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Identity Crisis

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary