navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » death of a flower
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic death of a flower Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
April Resi
since 1999-10-18
Posts 119
Alabama

0 posted 2000-07-08 01:44 AM

Sweet, innocent petals
Soft and pure against my lips
Sweet, inticing scent drifts through the air
Soaring gently through the mist

Plucked from home, changed forever
Never innocent again
Tainted by my touch
Youth falls through your fingers like sand

I'm so sorry and heartbroken
I try to give it back, make it right
It's too late now my flower
Forever changed forever that night.

© Copyright 2000 April - All Rights Reserved
Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
1 posted 2000-07-08 03:40 AM

I'm not really sure how to reply to this poem.  It creates a very suggestive idea.  I hope thats not just me, and I'm not reading to much into it.  But it is very well written, and thus far, I must say it is my favorite from you.  I also must say thank you for all of your kind replies.  You'll never know how much they really do lift me up.

jason

sorrowfulangel
since 2000-06-29
Posts 59
Memphis,TN
2 posted 2000-07-08 04:30 AM

i must say i really do like this poem....when you lose something,no matter how bad you want it back,sometimes it just doesn't return....try to see the good in it..and then you'll relize it wasn't lost with no hope

"god is the biggest under-achiever I know,something good happens god is great,something bad happens,he now works in mysterious ways"

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
3 posted 2000-07-08 05:57 AM

I think I know what you did...hehehe...This truly is an excellent poem.  Visual depcitions and analogies were great.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
4 posted 2000-07-08 08:32 AM

I really enjoyed reading this.  I hope that you keep it up.  Good luck with the rest of your work.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

April Resi
since 1999-10-18
Posts 119
Alabama
5 posted 2000-07-09 12:07 PM

No one read too much into this one. I actually did kinda write it about a flower, but also about a loss of innocence. I had picked a flower for it's smell earlier and my touch had caused the petals to wilt. It made me think of how a tiny little touch can change so much.... and I started writing. I actually typed it from the top of my head write onto here. That's why the rhythm could probably use some touch-ups. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know, I'm open!
I just wanted to let you all know that you don't have a dirty mind, that was what it was suppose to make you think! Thank you for the wonderful compliments!!!!!!
April

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
6 posted 2000-07-09 01:27 AM

Your poem is great, it does not need to be touched up. I enjoyed it just like that. It's an incredible tallent you have to be able to write poetry off the top of your head.
Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
7 posted 2000-07-09 01:29 AM

Your poem is great, it does not need to be touched up. I enjoyed it just like that. It's an incredible tallent you have to be able to write poetry off the top of your head.
Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
8 posted 2000-07-09 01:30 AM

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
9 posted 2007-12-01 10:46 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » death of a flower

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary