navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » No Longer Will My Candle Burn...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic No Longer Will My Candle Burn... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado

0 posted 2000-07-04 05:06 PM

As the day's sun comes aglow
I feel my tears start to flow
I tried so hard to make you see
What your dying love was doing to me
There were times when I thought you really did care
And now, I sit with a feeling all too rare
You think it's something else that's happenening to me
Daddy, open your eyes, why can't you see?
What it is you are doing to me.

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

© Copyright 2000 Jessica Lynn - All Rights Reserved
Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
1 posted 2000-07-04 05:17 PM

Hey Jess, this is a very bittersweet poem.  In it you express the innocence of the heart of a child.  And equaly so, the bitterness that pain and sorrow caused by someone you love.  This is the deepest kind of pain, and the most difficult wound to heal.  Keep writing about it, cause facing it only helps you deal with it better.  And if you want to talk to someone who understands and cares, you know how to e-mail me.

luv ya
jason

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-07-04 05:53 PM

jessica~~honestly give up on him...dont let him treat you the way that he is...its not worth your pain...why dont you give yourself the advice that you give others...cuz you do give really good advice...listen to yourself...give up on him the way he did to you...alot of your poems are about him and i think your really hurting...dont let him give you pain and tears...he may be your father but he sure isnt acting like it...from what your poems state...ohh but what i wanted to know was how did he react when you were in the hospital??? you should open your eyes and just realize that you shouldnt waste your time...its suppose to be your dad...this sounds like some things that happened with me and my mom...she was only there when it was convient to her...and it seems like your dad is doing the same...i gave you my e-mail so use it if you want...but stay strong...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
3 posted 2000-07-04 07:13 PM

You've been keeping your chin up about this so well, but we can all tell how it eats at you.  I just wish there was some magical thing I could tell to ease your pain...just know that I and so many other people love you and wish for your happiness.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

4 posted 2000-07-04 11:15 PM

Hey girl- It hurts me so much to know that he's done this to you.  I'm so sorry you're hurting so much.  But, he's not worth your time Jess.  Things will get better, keep your chin up and keep up your writing-
Bel

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
5 posted 2000-07-05 01:19 AM

Do not fret, I know that the seas are stormy and waters are rough now, but worry not, try to ride out the storm. Someday relations will be normalized again, the seas will be calm. No matter what, he's still your father. My father left my mother for another woman eleven years ago, and he's still very dear to me.
sorrowfulangel
since 2000-06-29
Posts 59
Memphis,TN
6 posted 2000-07-05 02:02 AM

I can relate to this poem so much,I know how it feels to be hurt by your parent.It's sad that you have to write about that kind of pain.

"god is the biggest under-achiever I know,something good happens god is great,something bad happens,he now works in mysterious ways"

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2000-07-05 06:23 AM

Oh Jessica ... beautifully written from the heart. You've expressed your feelings so clearly in this. I hope you are able to find a way to communicate with your dad and let him know how you feel.  Wonderful writing Jessica!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
8 posted 2000-07-06 12:08 PM

i've read a few like this from you and i want you to know i'll always be here for you. your a very good person i know because you express it so well in all your work. do keep it up and this was a great read.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
9 posted 2000-07-06 08:45 AM

Jessica, You are great person and it hurts so much to see you in pain.  I only hope that you will keep your head up.  I will always be here.  I care about you so much, and I hate to see my friends hurt.  Take it easy.

Luv always,
Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
10 posted 2000-07-06 04:15 PM

A poem like this, and people like the above, make me wish I could stay online forever, onfortunately, I only have a few hours per month.

This poem is full of emotion and it expresses so much.

You have a problem, but I hope you realize with these wonderful friends you have here, you don't have to face it alone. Don't try to find the answers to your questions alone, cause that is the bigest mistake one can make, that is why friends are there, and by these replys, you have many.

You are a very rich girl, but also you don't have much, if you understand what I'm trying to say.

God never gives you a problem bigger than what you can handle. Yeah...sometimes we get so mad...why does this happen to me...I didn't do anything wrong. In the end, it is all a test, and God is standing there, waiting for you with open arms, ready to be the wonderful Dad He is. I know, i is hard to understand this, I myself sometimes don't get it, but it is true.

All wounds heel with time, but some leave a nasty scar to always remind us.

I hope that your dad's eyes will soon be opened, so he can see all the harm he has done to you.

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
11 posted 2007-12-01 10:33 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » No Longer Will My Candle Burn...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary