navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Open Up To Me
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Open Up To Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lilpoet
since 2000-12-30
Posts 55
Dallas,Tx

0 posted 2001-01-07 06:04 PM

Please open up to me
Let your heart be free
I promise I won't hurt you
Cause I know this love is true
Don't hold it all inside
You know, before your heart has cried
If you ever shed one tear
Know I'm always going to be here
You don't understand how much I care
So if somthing's wrong, please do share
I'm not here to be mean or judge
On your journey of life
I'll give you a little nudge
I can't make you open up
You'll have to do it on your own
Just know that I'm always here for you
And you are not alone

*this is dedicated to my best friend.  he has been going through a lot and he just keeps it all inside and won't tell me till like a week after it happens*

~If I had a star for everytime you made me smile, I'd be holding the entire midnight sky in my hands~

© Copyright 2001 Nicole Chandler - All Rights Reserved
GirlsBestFriend
since 2000-12-27
Posts 71
Planet Earth
1 posted 2001-01-07 06:28 PM

wow! fabulous! u won't believe that my best friend saying the same about me. she always say that I hide it and I don't tell anyone. I love your poetry. great job & keep posting...ohh...I do love ur signature lilpoet like u do!  

~lotsa luv
< !signature-->

"Isn't it funny how to the world you are nothing? But then to one person..you're the world"

[This message has been edited by GirlsBestFriend (edited 01-07-2001).]

CareBear3
since 2000-11-20
Posts 39
New Hampshire
2 posted 2001-01-07 06:28 PM

This is really sweet.  This friend is very lucky to have a friend like you! Nice Job.

"In great moments life seems neither right nor wrong but something greater it seems inevitable"

~Kelley

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
3 posted 2001-01-07 06:55 PM

Great work...  just a little word of advice...  just give your friend time and space...  they may feel the need to work things out on their own...  I often do this...  My friend gets dirty at me when I don't tell her when something is on my mind or something is bothering me, but that is all because I need to work it out myself, there are some things in life that you need to figure out yourself, just give your friend time and in time they will tell you what is happening and chances are they will know what they are going to do about it and be able to tell you that too...  then they can be happy that they have the ability to fix their own troubles and not burden them on others~!  

Good Luck, Love the poem and keep posting!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-01-07 08:24 PM

Nice poem. A good one for yer friend. You oughta show it to him/her , i'm sure he/she would appreciate it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

lilpoet
since 2000-12-30
Posts 55
Dallas,Tx
5 posted 2001-01-07 08:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your replys.  And dopey, it's a he. lol.  I showed it to him and he liked it and he told me that he understood.  I think that poem really got to him.  He was very understanding and told me that he loved me!  I think it worked cause that's considering opening up.  Thanks a lot guys for your advice.

~If I had a star for everytime you made me smile, I'd be holding the entire midnight sky in my hands~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2001-01-08 05:12 PM

This poem is so cool.  I'll admit it, I sometimes hide my feelings   That's cool (why am I using that word so much???) that you gave the poem to him!  Nice job on the poem

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2001-01-09 06:26 PM

i agree with Mels on thi one.  it still doesnt make it wrong for you to show how much you do care for your friend though.  He is lucky to have someone like you as a friend

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2001-01-14 12:01 PM

I am shur that he'll open up to you when he's ready, just dont take any offense to it cuz some people are just more personal then others. I am shur that he knows that you care a great deal about him and knows that he can talk to you, he'll come around. Great poem  
Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
9 posted 2001-01-14 09:58 PM

great poem, good luck opening him up  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Open Up To Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary